Xbox One Day One Edition Unboxed Ahead of Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthisdil

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2010
@ hakesterman , August 8, 2013 12:16 PM
They will probably be the only ones unboxing it, everyone else will be unboxing a real gaming machine called the PS4.
==============
You can have your crappy Sony piece of equipment with that crappy Cinavia stuff baked in.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
The xbox one and ps4 will be extremely similar in performance, or so says John Cormack (In whom I trust.) However, the xbone relies on the cloud heavily, especially in their big showcase games, so I'd rather have the ps4, and get the same performance, and not rely on internet, and save a hundred bucks.

That is, if I didn't already have a gaming PC that doesn't require you to pay for the use of YOUR OWN FREAKING INTERNET... Sorry, that financial scheme really gets to me.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Im waiting until XBox and PS4 have been on the market for a few months before considering buying. I still like the motion controlled games so XBox looks good but internet requires xbox live may be a deal breaker.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
@marthisdil I'll take that crappy Sony piece of equipment with that crappy Cinavia stuff over an underpowered, over priced, over hyped, cheaply made, game lacking peice a shit Xb1 any day of the week.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Mike Friesen, similar performance is 'sans cloud' so once you add the boost that cloud will give it will outperform the PS4 significantly. I will keep using my PC though because cloud boosted AI for Steam games can't be far behind.

weatherdude

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
@marthisdil @hakesterman Cinavia is required by the Blu-ray specification to be in all Blu-ray players since 2012. Sony added it to the PS3 back in 2010 with system software version 3.10. What this means is that both the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 will include that content protection system from day one so any arguments based on that point is moot.

What I'm disappointed in with Microsoft's design choice is that they decided to use a touch power button again. It has little functional advantage over a mechanical button and is highly prone to accidental shutoff, something I've seen a lot with touch sensitive buttons. I'd also prefer an internal power supply which would make the console easier to store and transport. Odd, considering how much larger the Xbox One is compared to the PS4. Maybe the PS4 will have an external power supply as well.

fatboytyler

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Why is there still a power brick? Its big, loud, and noisy. And honestly, this thing won't ever be able to play at 4K resolutions. Movies? Yea sure, but not games. $500 package will never play at 4K...

Status
Not open for further replies.