Xbox TV Options Grow, with FiOS TV, Time Warner On-Demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
The best "video" service out there was Windows Media Center and the XBox360 as an extender. Microsoft has not done anything with WMC in years, and dropped support for the XBox One as an extender. When you pay $10 for a cable box per month, $10 for DVR service per month, and you have 3 TV's - that is $60 per month in rental fees....

With Windows Media Center and the SiliconDust/Ceton Network tuners, you paid $2-$5 per month for a cable card....and had virtually unlimited recording space, unlimited tuners, and an XBox360 played it perfectly on the TV....

With the addition of the TWC XBox360 app - I now have video on demand....100% of what I get from the cable company - why pay them $60 per year for the boxes? And since Microsoft dropped support on the XBox One, I will not be upgrading anytime in the future....

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
im confused people still watch paid for TV? Ever since they switched over to the Digital Over The Air (OTA) signal, I stopped watching all TV...though I haven't missed a single show I wanted. The system can't keep up. Commercials were a stable revenue stream in 1995, certainly not in 2013. With Crackle, Amazon Prime, and torrents out there (Hulu plus is a joke. why pay 9 a month for commercials and Netflix is a rip off too their content is outdated and a year late). Once these providers start producing their own series you can say goodbye to this antiquated revenue stream. XB One won't get my money (for the first time ever) because it's too geared to staying in the past not moving towards the future.

vidfreek

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
Yeah Netflix is a complete rip off for $8 a month, you get a TON of stuff to watch on there and all on demand for that price. Sure it doesnt get big blockbuster movies right out of the gate but again, you are only paying $8 a month and the big movie companies dont want their stuff on there for that price.

How is the Xbox One staying in the past? What future are you talking about here? More streaming and more people moving away from Cable TV? You do realize that as more people do move away from Cable TV, your internet bill is going up and your data limit is going down. These wont help anything move towards the future you speak of, so the Xbox One is just fine where its at right now if you ask me.

As far as TV options go, I dont have a cable provider that they will work with. I live in an area that has a good sized provider but it isnt a big one like Verizon or Comcast or Time Warner, so I cant even use any of those features on my Xbox 360 or my Xbox One. So it doesnt even matter as I dont subscribe to cable TV at all right now, but I do get to pay more for my internet since my provider decided to institute data caps now, so using my Amazon Prime and Netflix is costing me even more money now, the future isnt looking too bright now is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.