XCOM: Enemy Unknown Full Port Coming to iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Will the "Chryssalids and Heavy Floaters teleporting right in front of your Overwatched soldiers' faces then getting the first (fatal) shot before allowing you to respond back, preferably right in the middle of a firefight" bug be fixed?

wanderer11

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I really like this game, but throwing grenades is awful. The mouse sensitivity goes way up and the map forces you to zoom all the way in. That needs to get fixed.

ct001

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Will it come with all the bugs and shitty gameplay? From the teleporting aliens, to the broken LOS/cover algorithms, to the complete lack of any tactical depth, to the endlessly repeating maps, this game was a completely buggy POS.

snwkill

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
This game should have only been released on IOS... As an IOS title is it is a masterpiece... As a PC game this is a turd.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Sweet, finally a legit game on the iPad. There's so few decent games on iOS, most are just meh mobile versions of good games. Of the other good ones is Civilization Revolution.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
Lol at everyone thumbing down legit complaints. Those problems are real. I thought xcom was my favorite game of 2012. You could deal with the problems above by just playing reeeeeallly patient and carefully or taking like 45 seconds to perfectly line up your 'nade toss. God forbid you twitch on your 4k dpi mouse and then your trajectory is all off. Since you can work around those problems I never got too bothered, what always got me was how your fully decked out captain from mission 1 with plasma rifles and super body armor, hiding behind full cover, can get 1 shot crit cross map from an enemy like a 'thin man' from the earlier missions late game and get toasted. Even if you revive its not worth it because every mission after that your character will freak out and start shooting your own teammates as their morale gets perma-busted. but like i said, game is still awesome. Maybe I like it so much because I never played any other xcom - I could see how a long time fan could be dissapointed.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]snwkill[/nom]This game should have only been released on IOS... As an IOS title is it is a masterpiece... As a PC game this is a turd.[/citation]
[citation][nom]ct001[/nom]Will it come with all the bugs and shitty gameplay? From the teleporting aliens, to the broken LOS/cover algorithms, to the complete lack of any tactical depth, to the endlessly repeating maps, this game was a completely buggy POS.[/citation]

XCOM: Enemy Unknown got 89/100 and 8.1 (user score) on Metacritic, so it's a great game, and your opinions mean next to nothing.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Smells of samefagging in here. They say all these things about what it will be like but chances are it will turn out like Revolutions. A more "streamlined" port. Ill continue to play the original XCOMs and EU it on my Surface Pro and not have to buy a crappier version on my iPad!

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]XCOM: Enemy Unknown got 89/100 and 8.1 (user score) on Metacritic, so it's a great game, and your opinions mean next to nothing.[/citation]

I am sorry I wasn't aware that an individuals opinion needs to be based on a collective opinion...

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
[citation][nom]nolarrow[/nom]Lol at everyone thumbing down legit complaints. Those problems are real. I thought xcom was my favorite game of 2012. You could deal with the problems above by just playing reeeeeallly patient and carefully or taking like 45 seconds to perfectly line up your 'nade toss. God forbid you twitch on your 4k dpi mouse and then your trajectory is all off. Since you can work around those problems I never got too bothered, what always got me was how your fully decked out captain from mission 1 with plasma rifles and super body armor, hiding behind full cover, can get 1 shot crit cross map from an enemy like a 'thin man' from the earlier missions late game and get toasted. Even if you revive its not worth it because every mission after that your character will freak out and start shooting your own teammates as their morale gets perma-busted. but like i said, game is still awesome. Maybe I like it so much because I never played any other xcom - I could see how a long time fan could be dissapointed.[/citation]

This.

XCOM is a strategy game, IE no COD/BF freaks, you have to think about what your doing. Plus it would be nice to have an Android version.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]slomo4sho[/nom]I am sorry I wasn't aware that an individuals opinion needs to be based on a collective opinion...[/citation]

I wasn't suggesting that they don't have a right to their own opinion, just putting their opinion in perspective (it's a minority opinion) for anyone who may be considering buying this game.
And yes, the minority opinion is less significant than the majority opinion when it comes to games at least.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
XCOM EU is probably my favorite game in years, but the main problem is the LACK of maps, I don't understand how they could have LESS and say it's "more maps than one could experience in a single playthrough"

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Can someone tell the creators that it's impossible to explode a black hole, lol?

PS
Game is well made, some stuff is even better than in original legendary XCom, but way oversimplified/short tech tree as well as gameplay.

amoralman

Honorable
May 20, 2012
I liked the game. Sure, it gets repetitive, but if you're a fan of turn based combat, it's good enough. It could be much more, agreed.

Hope they also port it to the Droid.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]XCOM: Enemy Unknown got 89/100 and 8.1 (user score) on Metacritic, so it's a great game, and your opinions mean next to nothing.[/citation]

Simcity 2013:

65 out of 100 for professional reviewers.

1.7 out of 10 for user reviews.

Btw, Xcom's teleport bug was worsen months after the initial release with a "teleport bug fix" back in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.