Xperia V Delayed to Deliver Jelly Bean Update Upon Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My Xperia X10 is the worst phone I've ever owned. It's worse than the first-gen BB Storm that it replaced, and it's even worse than non-smart phones, because it randomly shuts off, changes ringer volume when locked, and CONSTANTLY crashes when on a call. I would literally rather have a free monochrome screen flip phone, because at least then I wouldn't have to worry that my phone will ring at max volume in a meeting, or hang up on important calls, or SEND NONSENSE MESSAGES BY EMAIL AND FACEBOOK WHEN LOCKED!!!

When this thing was new, the email client didn't work, the whole interface (Android 2.1) was slow as h*ll (despite the very nice hardware inside), opening the calendar would open a random day, and the battery lasted just barely a single day. I have no faith in the Xperia line after this disaster of a phone. Even worse, I could have gotten an iPhone 4 for almost the same price!!

G

1 bad xperia and its the first android phone from them doesn't make the whole xperia line to have same trouble, I don't know what are you smoking but xperia phones are really stable, even my first x10 works flawlessly and I unlock the bootloader and installed android 4.0, it stil works till now without any trouble except for the camera, coz most custom firmware doesn't have good camera support but I can live with it since it could run most of newer applications. I've been using xperia arc for almost a year and never had any issue at all, now just upgraded to xperia s and it is totally stable. so does that make the phone bad? how about other brand, so every buyer have same experience with a product? I don't think so, some will have problem while others without an issue. so spreading bad things about this phone doesn't give you any trophy.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Xperia bad phone[/nom]My Xperia X10 is the worst phone I've ever owned. It's worse than the first-gen BB Storm that it replaced, and it's even worse than non-smart phones, because it randomly shuts off, changes ringer volume when locked, and CONSTANTLY crashes when on a call. I would literally rather have a free monochrome screen flip phone, because at least then I wouldn't have to worry that my phone will ring at max volume in a meeting, or hang up on important calls, or SEND NONSENSE MESSAGES BY EMAIL AND FACEBOOK WHEN LOCKED!!!When this thing was new, the email client didn't work, the whole interface (Android 2.1) was slow as h*ll (despite the very nice hardware inside), opening the calendar would open a random day, and the battery lasted just barely a single day. I have no faith in the Xperia line after this disaster of a phone. Even worse, I could have gotten an iPhone 4 for almost the same price!![/citation]

this is obviously a manufacture defect, that's why warranties are invented, my X10 works fine except you're right that battery life is it's weakspot but it can't be that bad brand new

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
Just bought an Xperia U for my gf and... it's cheap AND works great. Running official ICS firmware. Will update to JB when Sony releases it in the beginning of 2013 (or so they said after saying that they wouldn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.