Y50-70 - slow boot after bios update 3.03

Aug 12, 2018
Lenovo y50-70 was giving fan problem. so i read that the latest bios version fixed that issue. so i updated bios to 3.03.

Before bios update, my laptop starts and within 1-2 seconds the lenovo logo comes up and 4-5 seconds it will be in log screen.

Now after bios update i followed same steps with a clean install of windows 10. Now it takes 8-9 seconds to show lenovo logo after that rest all take same time as before.

Why after bios update system initiation taking time ( takes more time to show logo )?

Lenovo y50-70
bios v3.03
SSD 860 EVO
windows 10

No startup programs (windows defender and realtek audio which is same before update)

Note: I maintained log file which i followed again with updated bios after clean install of windows 10. (so windows settings are same)

Solution

That's what you believe and it should be that way but many times that's no the case.
I have seen many times that a BIOS update fix one thing and breaks two.
I only upgrade a BIOS if I have an issue. When it come to BIOS upgrades if ain't broken don't mess with it.
Aug 12, 2018

Thanks for response.The Fast Boot is ON. I don't think it should take more time because of what you said 'post routines'. I believe upgrades should not degrade the actual speed of something.
It is taking four times the actual speed before update

Please Help!

i found a program called Boot racer. i used it to check the time taken for everything to load up.
The pre-boot time in boot racer and bios time in task manager are same and the time is 8.6 seconds.

The below image is a clean boot test results using bootracer and task manager bios time
2DaGgfJ.jpg

jojesa

Distinguished

That's what you believe and it should be that way but many times that's no the case.
I have seen many times that a BIOS update fix one thing and breaks two.
I only upgrade a BIOS if I have an issue. When it come to BIOS upgrades if ain't broken don't mess with it.

Solution