Yagi cell antenna

Aug 15, 2024
I've lived off grid for 38 years. I live at 6000' elevation and have used a YAGI antenna for my cell signal 20-25 years. I bought a Wilson yagi antenna from Radio shack back when. I am 18 miles to my nearest town. As the crow flies I'm probably less than 10 miles. I have direct site to the antenna cluster in Yucca Valley, Ca. from my deck.
I am upgrading my system to incorporate a smart phone with a hot spot. I talked with Wilson a week ago and we discussed yagi antennas. I mentioned my older antenna and they suggested I might upgrade my yagi as cell signals may have changed???
I bought a different antenna with a 25 foot cable to reach my laptop, etc. My old yagi has a CB connectors and a 00 thick cable which was only 10' long. I connect a Wilson phone cradle to the cable and my cell phone rest in the cradle for connecting.
I am getting the same signal strength connected to the new antenna as I did with my old one.
I plan on adding a signal amplifier to increase my signal to my cabin. Hopefully I will have strong enough wifi to operate my laptop or Roku tv???
I presently get my internet over a radio transmission from Yucca Valley. Lately I have been having trouble with the signal. He is not the most reliable provider. No signal in the a.m. until the sun comes up and charges his batteries???
I want to provide an alternative.
I'm a little confused as to how to connect a router, etc. to the amplifier. I have a cube router presently with my internet connection and use Alexa, etc. I don't know if I can connect to the cube or need a different router?
Any suggestions would be welcome.
I use to be good at understanding all this, but with age, things have changed. lol