Yahoo! Fires CEO Carol Bartz Over the Phone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]...I am curious to what lead to her being fired. I'd assume she just wasn't fit for such leadership and didn't meet up to expectation. Hope it has nothing to do with her being a woman...[/citation]
Since no reason was given, I too (and all readers) obviously wonder what lead to this. I (and all readers) can make the obvious guesses of lack of fitness, leadership, etc. I (and all readers) obviously hope it has nothing to do with her gender. This is my comment.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I bet she's wishing she never bought that iPad now... she could probably use that money to make rent.

I wonder what unemployment pays for out of work CEO's?

G

Yahoo's top priority is making sure that the site doesn't go down. They have no other ideas.

G

@amk-aka-phantom

so bad in fact that her severance package could not console her....

it might have something to do with her comment that Google has to diversify if it were to survive, i guess she should have been taking some of her own advice

Katzie

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
I still support Yahoo. It took me a LONG time to convert to Google as my main search engine, and Yahoo Fantasy teams are still great.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
[citation][nom]beachbod[/nom]I didnt like her from the start.Seemed like she was more interested in trash talking other companies rather than creating value for yahoo.[/citation]

All that and not performing at her job, for 30 million a year!

You know the only reason why these people get these so called jobs is because they have "connections" not because they earned the job or deserve the money that comes with it.

I hope Yahoo sues her from breach of contract= failure to perform. So they get all hundreds of millions back.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
Never did like her for some reason. Kinda sad that that's how she got fired though. As far as I can imagine.. They must have really not liked her, to do it in such an unformal way.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
lol...
OH!!! me next
I want to be their CEO.
I can get nothing done, get fired and then retire...
Cause hey.. if you can't make 1 year's worth of CEO pay last an entire lifetime, your an idiot.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Not surprising, the stock has been flat and 1/2 of what it once was when the brought her onboard to fix it. Then it tanked and is now 1/4 of what it used to be.

You should check this on Google fiance instead of yahoo finance, because Google is better. ;)
http://www.google.ca/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:YHOO

Click "5y" to see her lack of performance and then click "1y" to see her recent performance implosion that undoubtedly sealed her fate.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Maybe that's why Yahoo has not done any good for quite a few years now. So it's about time that they fired her & it's good to know that no one cared. These CEO people make a mint out of other people doing most of the work for them. CEO should be read instead as CEB ( B stands for Bludger ). In case you all do not know what bludger means,it means a good for nothing,but lazy person.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]lol...OH!!! me nextI want to be their CEO.I can get nothing done, get fired and then retire...Cause hey.. if you can't make 1 year's worth of CEO pay last an entire lifetime, your an idiot.[/citation]
How I would love to get that chance, that 30 mil would last me a lifetime and it would provide for my kids and their kids (long as they are not stupid). Dammit I wish I had good connections :(

CPU666d1

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Wish I Was Wealthy is sure right on the mark! This CEO should of been fired just before she got the CEO position in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.