Yahoo Mail Revamp Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Seems like a weird thing for the CEO of a company to be talking about. I'd rather that Mayer give direction and vision on 10 other things that will make all of our lives better (if she can), and let the marketing department handle things like this.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Yahoo going the DUMB way just like Microsoft engineers - plain stupid interface with a HUGE read (H U G E) LACK OF ORIGINALITY AND STYLE!

AWFUL INTERFACE - YOU'RE TAKING STEPS BACKWARDS!
Is that a strategy in order for you to have what to improve in your next versions or what?
I don't get it - It's hard to be such dumb engineers and come up with such downgrades in "newer" versions - push notifications not working,contacts missing, AWFUL - AWFUL - AWFUL interface, unintuitive, people don't know how to COMPOSE A MAIL or attach files, the MENU buttons are missing,no landscape typing mode. Y!Mail is now ruined! It takes more than 1h to synchronize over Fiber Optics Wi-Fi,. NO HOLD-DOWN QUICK MENU!!!! ARE YOU IDIOTS?
It's extremely plain - proof of LACK of ingenuity
It does not even synchronize well with the Yahoo servers and people don't get their emails on their phones anymore.
IT MISSES A LARGE PREVIEW AREA
LAGGY when "trying" to load mail
There are problems configuring it on various devices such as Galaxy S3, HTC Wildfire and many other devices.
It took hours - literally - "HOURS" to load some emails on some HTC devices,
It looks and works like gmail WHICH IS AWFUL!
Responsiveness is improved BUT it's useless with such an UGLY aplication!!!
Screw all you "modern" designer from both Microsoft, Yahoo and whoever comes up with what they believe is "stylish" nowadays - TOO RETARDED - overall feeling is like using this application in the '80s! Had I used it back then, I would've probably understood you guys, but in 2012 - you are plain STUPID to come up with such a huge DOWNGRADE.
Keeping things "plain and simple" SHOULD NOT be understood as "COMPLETELY ERASING STYLE AND DESIGN" , but you seem to misunderstand that.

G

Horrible...I'm going to gmail...it's horrible but not this horrible...just leave it alone!!

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
In IE 10, they don't have a scrolling content pane. Instead, the entire page scrolls - including the buttons at the top, the folders on the left, etc. But then they went and got rid of the buttons that used to appear at the bottom of the message content, so after reading a long message you have to scroll all the way back to the top to delete, move, or otherwise manage the message. Why?

They got rid of link access to notes (kind of like notepad in the cloud). I had to Google how to find it, and unless you know the link you can't. Why?

They added some new mail-integrated applications. OK... but they could have done a lot of things better.

Contacts and Calendar are still there - but they moved to a tab above the menu bar.

There is a preview pane, which is nice I suppose. At the same time though, with the occasional malware spam sneaking through their filter I'm wary of opening up mail and landing on malware before I have a chance to delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.