Yahoo! Restructuring Will Focus on 3 Main Divisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Yahoo longing for the "Good ole days". It will be interesting to see if their efforts actually pay off in terms of user (re)adoption.

megiv

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Few months ago I saw a post by Yahoo about a some interesting data related service and I wanted to know some further details. I decided to send an email.

Regardless of the fact that it took me few minutes to find out how to send an email for the support system (Support phones were plenty, but who uses a phone to ask a simple question nowadays ?..) I never got a reply.

You might say that Google ain't got any support email or phone anyway, but somehow they build their websites in a way that you just don't need support - All is clear and in an easy user-friendly language.
To be honest - For me, www.yahoo.com feels like it stuck with a UI design from the 90s !
Yahoo - learn from Google's simplicity ! In websites - more is less.

fuzznarf

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I miss the Yahoo! Personals, being able to contact someone via Yahoo! Messenger.[/citation]
You must be lonely now.... very very lonely.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I hated yahoo from the beginning. I much rather enjoyed altavista for my search engine, but was eventually won over to yahoo because of their phenomenal (at the time) e-mail. Then along came google, and I never looked back.

For Yahoo, this is too little, about 3 years too late. They should have sold out to MS when they had the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.