Yamaha BlueTooth and Dialog Questions

mikeletson

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
I recently bought a new Yamaha RX-V681 Home Theater receiver. A couple of questions on it follow.

1. Vocal dialog seems to be on the mid-rangy side of things. Is it possible to adjust the frequency that's put out to my mid range speakers? I have a pair of cherry Infinity Beta 50s.

2. Bluetooth. The receiver recognizes my phone and vice-a-versa, but when attempting to actually make a connection, the receiver just hangs forever with the word 'Connecting' on screen. Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in Advance

Solution
The receiver does have parametric EQ functions with a manual setting. With a bit of trial and error you should be able to set the tonal balance to your taste. I would also suggest you try a "direct mode" if the receiver has one. This will remove any effects that the processing in the receiver may be adding to the sound.
Here is a link to the manual
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=67041
Check page 113.

OH NO! if you had posted early, I would had told you NEVER buy anything labeled "home theater." Why, one word: LIMITED.

Vocal dialog seems to be on the mid-rangy side of things. Is it possible to adjust the frequency that's put out to my mid range speakers? I have a pair of cherry Infinity Beta 50s.
A quick perusal of the manual (manual is God), SAYS NO.

Bluetooth.
No comment on that from me.

The receiver does have parametric EQ functions with a manual setting. With a bit of trial and error you should be able to set the tonal balance to your taste. I would also suggest you try a "direct mode" if the receiver has one. This will remove any effects that the processing in the receiver may be adding to the sound.
Here is a link to the manual
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&asset_id=67041
Check page 113.

Solution

mikeletson

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

Yep, found this in the manual. I was on that screen previously but I guess I missed the part about doing it manually. Can you tell me what the 'Band' and 'Q' settings signify?