Yamaha Receiver to Optoma Projector Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2018
Looking for any help....

I've been using my home theater with no issues for about a year. Just the other day, I turned on the system and got a "no signal" message displayed on the projector, but still have sound coming from the surround sound. I have a Yamaha rx-v575 receiver and Optoma hd25-lv projector. They are connected with a 25ft HDMI cord.

I plugged my cable box directly into the projector, same hdmi ports with same HDMI cable, and it worked.

I plugged the cable box into the receiver with same cords and hdmi ports, but then connected the receiver to a different TV, instead of the projector and it worked.

I updated the firmware on the receiver, but still no luck. Not sure where to go next.

Solution
You've tried to troubleshoot the problem and can't reach a logical answer. HDMI does do some really weird things.
Try the other HDMI input on the projector. Sometimes that works when there is no reason it should.
Try changing the order you turn on the receiver and projector.
You could try an HDMI cable booster.
You've tried to troubleshoot the problem and can't reach a logical answer. HDMI does do some really weird things.
Try the other HDMI input on the projector. Sometimes that works when there is no reason it should.
Try changing the order you turn on the receiver and projector.
You could try an HDMI cable booster.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.