Yamaha RX-A2050 multi zones?

rebekic

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Hello

I recently bought Yamaha RX-A2050 and my main question is...

Is it possible to play zones independently....example: Main zone plays "SERVER: input , flac from NAS (QNAP TS-451), and the Zone 2 , plays NET radio or Server input but different song?

I owned Onkyo NR818 and this was possible , now when i upgraded to Yamaha i am disappointed that i can not do this (easy way at least)

Thanks in advance

rebekic

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
You are right regarding old models..that is why i presumed that newer models have this feature...but unfortunately after few days of testing ...this is not possible...this is a shame having in mind that Yamaha is proudly advertising this feature as" independent zones", but it is actually party zone all together ...and there is nothing independent about it...
It think this feature is crippled since it uses lot of process resources or something like that...since in one moment i was able to play different songs from same source (SERVER) for around 10 seconds and then ...last zone that was used took over the same song.
So clearly it is a software blokade

In any case thanks for answering...i hope for some future firmware update to solve this "bug", i made a mistake buying this model since the official dealer assured me this was possible...another mistake from Yamaha