Yamaha RXV383 image

lof20

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Is there anyway to get a tv signal through the avr so I'm not changing the source on the tv? I have a hdmi from the av to the tv and a ps4 pro into the avr. If I want to play the ps4 I must change the source on the avr and then change the source on the tv to hdmi. If I want to switch back to my tv I must change the avr source (for the audio) and then change the tv source back to tv. It would be nice to keep the tv on hdmi source for tv and console use.

Solution
The only way to do that would be to connect the PS4 Pro to the TV directly. Then you could leave the AVR on the input that connects to the TV audio output. You would change sources with the TV remote. The downside would be that the TV won't pass lossless audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD so you might loss some sound quality. Try it and see.
The other solution would be to use a remote like one of the Logitech Harmony ones. There would be macros on it that would change any inputs and outputs as needed when you select the source you want to use.
The only way to do that would be to connect the PS4 Pro to the TV directly. Then you could leave the AVR on the input that connects to the TV audio output. You would change sources with the TV remote. The downside would be that the TV won't pass lossless audio codecs like Dolby TrueHD so you might loss some sound quality. Try it and see.
The other solution would be to use a remote like one of the Logitech Harmony ones. There would be macros on it that would change any inputs and outputs as needed when you select the source you want to use.

Solution