Question YAMAHA SOUND BAR CONNECTION

Apr 16, 2019
How do I connect my Yamaha sound bar to my cable box, so I can use the box's remote and not the sound bar's? I have a Yamaha ATS 1080. My Cable box has only one HDMI OUT and it's connected to the TV. Can I use a splitter to connect the OUT of the Box to the TV and the Sound Bar?

Does the volume control of the cable box affect the volume of the TV (without having programmed the box remote to operate the TV volume).
I suspect that the HDMI output of the cable box is fixed volume. Check the box menu to see if there is a setting for this.
The work around is to connect the soundbar to the TV HDMI-ARC input/output. Turn ARC on in the TV menu and program the cable box remote to adjust the volume of the TV. This way you are actually using the TV volume to control the soundbar volume but are substituting the cable box remote to send those commands to the TV instead of the TV remote.
Another option is to get a Logitech Harmony universal remote that will control everything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Audio 9
C Audio 1
A Audio 13
C Audio 1
C Audio 1
M Audio 3
D Audio 2
L Audio 2
S Audio 3
H Audio 1
V Audio 2
A Audio 3
D Audio 2
R Audio 2
P Audio 5
N Audio 2
T Audio 2
J Audio 2
A Audio 1
T Audio 1
Similar threads
Question How do I connect an older Yamaha AV receiver with no optical or HDMI, only RCA, to my TV and able to play sounds.
When I connect my Humax to my Yamaha surround sound via a HDMI cable I have sound but the picture drops out after 5seconds.
Solved! Yamaha AVR sound is less than TV speakers
Help! How to fix the delay between my yamaha soundbar and my amp with speakers???
Solved! Yamaha rv-467 to UHD Tv no surround sound.
Solved! Yamaha RX-V467 digital receiver to connect sound from Toshiba TV that uses WLAN for built in VUDU app?
Speakers buzz when connected/plugged into PC?
Connect Mxqpro to surround sound
No sound from my new Yamaha Soundbar connecting to older model Sharp LCD Aquos
How do I connect Xfinity X1 DVR cable box to old Yamaha RX-V2300 component receiver for 5.1 surround sound? No HDMI port on re
Yamaha AV receiver&Samsung sound bar&LGSmart Tv how do I connect
Trouble connecting TCL TV to Yamaha YAS-107 Soundbar
how to connect a samsung un55ks8000fxza to a yamaha rx-v560 receiver for sound
System connections for satellite TV sound
LG TV & Yamaha Sound Bar, connected but no sound
Amazon fire connected to projector, need solution to surround sound on yamaha receiver
Any cinema receiver with a optical out could I use it to connect to my Yamaha ysp 5100 sound bar for 5.1 ?
I have a yamaha rxv793 receiver and a samsung 65" 4k tv. how to I connect them to use surround sound
How to connect my Yamaha Natural Sound AV receiver HTR-5470 to my TV HISENCE
how to connect lg 60pk200 to a yamaha rx-v661 sound system

ASK THE COMMUNITY