Yamaha Unveils New YSP-2200 Sound Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaho0006

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Considering its about half the price of the next step up in the line, if it sounds anywhere near as good this would be a steal. I got a YSP-4000 on closeout for about the same, and when you consider that its a receiver, decent surround system and high quality audio in something that can just be placed on your TV stand, its really not a bad deal.

allrock

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
Sound projecter technoligy only works well if you have a room with the proper shape to allow the sound to bounce off the walls in the proper manner , if you have a room with a complex shape (hallways entering the room from the side etc) it is very hard to get a believable sound stage, It can work but never as well as a system with real back channel speakers

Raccio14

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
[citation][nom]allrock[/nom]Sound projecter technoligy only works well if you have a room with the proper shape to allow the sound to bounce off the walls in the proper manner , if you have a room with a complex shape (hallways entering the room from the side etc) it is very hard to get a believable sound stage, It can work but never as well as a system with real back channel speakers[/citation]

Exactly. Sound just doesn't work that way. I hate it when companies try to claim that it's true 7.1 surround when its just a single bar of speakers IN FRONT of you!! That's not surround! No matter what crazy algorythm you wanna mix into my audio, it won't EVER sound as good as a good ol' traditional surround system.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Travis Beane[/nom]Thank,s but no thanks. I'd rather hide a 1,000 watt subwoofer under my couch.[/citation]
sounds like the best butt massage ever.

Lutfij

Splendid
companies need money, consumers need stuff to burn their money and they know jack***...thas the bottom line. $1000 for a wife approved HTS ? you've gotta be kiddin me. I think its the ability to hide the device that will fool you wife into approving of it being in your home.

G

Tight wads. I like clean lines in my living room. I pre-bought it, but have not received the product yet. Save your money for your true surround sound in your entertainment room. For those of you clowning, we all realise it isn't true surround. However, compared to the shitty speakers in your tv, it will blow them away. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.