Yellow screen then refusing to turn on.

Baidevin

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Hello,

I use an Alienware M18xR2 laptop that has lasted me quite a while.

Although recently i was working on word when my computers screen turned yellow and completely froze. When i turned it off, it refused to turn on again.

The lights on the keyboard (not usb keyboard, laptop) turn on fine and the hard drive light (i don't know what it's called, it flashes when it's doing something) flashes for about 3 seconds, then stops flashing all whilst the screen shows no feedback at all.

I have tried hooking it up to a monitor via HDMI but still nothing, it reads as no signal. My USB Keyboard and mouse receive no power but my phone charger does.

I have removed the battery and held the power for 60 seconds before replacing it, but nothing so far.

My next option will be to try doing a CMOS reset (removing the cmos battery for a few minutes hopefully resetting bios) but i fear my windows key might be removed if i do that (they store them on some sort of bios thingo now).

I would appreciate help with this issue, the computer was not under heavy load, all i had was a browser and a word processor.

Thanks

Baidevin

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
Okay, so i waited for a few hours, prayed, then turned it on.

Monitor works and it booted, there was a green strip in the center of the screen and it blue screened with error KMODE_Exception_NOT_Handled.

I turned it on again, works fine.

Any explanation as to why it might not have worked?

I assume it might be my graphics card.