Yelp Adding Health Inspection Scores to Restaurants

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I remember at once particular buffet restaurant, the bathrooms were almost never cleaned, and obviously smelled. Sometimes I felt ill from the food, but my parents didn't care "because the buffet was cheap".

It was just closed about a month ago for excessive health violations.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I remember at once particular buffet restaurant, the bathrooms were almost never cleaned, and obviously smelled. Sometimes I felt ill from the food, but my parents didn't care "because the buffet was cheap".It was just closed about a month ago for excessive health violations.[/citation]

yea, the way to get your parents to stop taking you places that make you sick, is vomit on something and make sure the spray is large.

the food where they took me made me sick all the time, made it to the bathroom twice, and the third time, after much complaining, i just didnt even try to make it the bathroom any more.

best part was, the vomit came out red colored because of dyes in the food or something...

nothing makes them listen more than needing to go out at 11pm to buy a steam cleaner to get the vomit out of their new carpet.

i was also 9 at the time... they also stopped forcing me to eat food i didn't like around than too.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
No, they would leave me home because I'm old enough to take care of myself.

My parents have iron stomach, except when it comes to excessively-greasy food. I remember my dad eating an entire box of 5-years old Cocoo Puff cereal (stale of course) after yelling at me for attempting to throw away it.

Though he's hates the taste of store-bought tomatoes because we would grow tomatoes in our backyard.

G

It is physically impossible to get sick from a meal inside of 18 - 24 hours unless a chemical has been added to the food i.e., dish soap, etc. Food born pathogens require time to grow and multiply to make you ill

dark_wizzie

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
[citation][nom]DJL830[/nom]It is physically impossible to get sick from a meal inside of 18 - 24 hours unless a chemical has been added to the food i.e., dish soap, etc. Food born pathogens require time to grow and multiply to make you ill[/citation]
Exactly, and everybody has perfect immune systems, and the ambient temperature of the room is zero degrees, and the ingredients used to cook the food are the most fresh ever to begin with.

fnh

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
[citation][nom]DJL830[/nom]It is physically impossible to get sick from a meal inside of 18 - 24 hours unless a chemical has been added to the food i.e., dish soap, etc. Food born pathogens require time to grow and multiply to make you ill[/citation]

Unfortunately, food-borne pathogens (bacterial or fungal) do not need to multiply inside the body for it to cause illness. Certain pathogens can multiply on medium suitable for their growth (i.e. food), contaminate food easily with exotoxins, and that, hits you fast.

If food is prepared, then served buffet-style, that just adds the time for contamination.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]dark_wizzie[/nom]Exactly, and everybody has perfect immune systems, and the ambient temperature of the room is zero degrees, and the ingredients used to cook the food are the most fresh ever to begin with.[/citation]
You forgot to say that the food was organic

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I remember at once particular buffet restaurant, the bathrooms were almost never cleaned, and obviously smelled. Sometimes I felt ill from the food, but my parents didn't care "because the buffet was cheap".It was just closed about a month ago for excessive health violations.[/citation]
I used to go to Dennis to eat with my dad after working, but eventually we were getting fat and the food would send me sometimes to the restroom Not to be expected that the food was halthy either.....

Status
Not open for further replies.