Yet another Acer Aspire (E5-575) battery issue! With a twist!

Jul 12, 2018
My laptop (which, of course, has a built-in, internal battery) needs to be plugged in, otherwise it immediately shuts off. What makes this strange is that my battery seems to be behaving completely normally, which doesn't seem to be the case in other threads I've read.

As I type this, it reads as being at 91%, plugged in and charging. Worth noting is that when this issue first popped up (a few weeks ago), the battery was at 96% and seems to be incrementally going down. I attempted to fix the issue with the small pinhole switch underneath (unplug, press and hold power button, press button with pin for 5 seconds, leave alone for 5 minutes and try again) but had no luck. Also double-checked to ensure I had up-to-date drivers and again, nothing helped.

I imagine I need to perform surgery to replace the battery but is there any other possible fix for this? I'd rather not buy the new battery and risk opening my girl up if I don't need to.

Thanks!

Solution
Most likely thing would be: battery is faulty.

Opening it up is not that difficult, you could measure the voltage of the battery while powering on (charger not connected). If the voltage drops it´s the battery for sure. If not, could be charger board or other electronic components on the motherboard
Most likely thing would be: battery is faulty.

Opening it up is not that difficult, you could measure the voltage of the battery while powering on (charger not connected). If the voltage drops it´s the battery for sure. If not, could be charger board or other electronic components on the motherboard

Solution
Jul 12, 2018

Thx very much. Will let y'all know when this is resolved.