Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
How to Protect Yourself

2 ways:

1. Use this as your excuse to finally give Flash the boot
2. You can use your favorite Linux distribution so any future vulnerabilities (enabling drive-by downloads of Windows spyware / viruses / etc. are no longer a concern. \\

Of course #2 is only going to work for a tiny minority. Getting rid of flash should become a mass movement among Windows users, though.

InvalidError

Distinguished
Simple fix: AdBlock / FlashBlock.

I started using blockers mainly due to obnoxious Flash-based ads - having a Flash ad blaring crap out of my speakers that I forgot to turn down or off at something like 3AM broke my camel's back years ago.

zyky

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
That is not the proper definition of zero-day. Exploits are called "zero-day" by the "bad guys" for as long as the "good guys" are unaware of the vulnerability. The number counts up in age, not down from how long they should have been fixing it in the past.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
ninjustin has a very corny name (it is sorta clever so will give you that) and Innocent_Bystander is actually Guilty_Participant. Also zomg flash is insecure who would have guessed!!!1!

Megalewis

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
The tricks to protect from this vulnerability also fixed my issue with ads popping everywhere on this site and others. good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.