Yoga 900-13ISK Laptop (ideapad) wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexiak

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
hello everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me with my laptop situation. Its a Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK Laptop (ideapad), I have had it for 3 months. I shut it down Saturday and then minutes after the display had gone off I noticed the power button light was still on. I tried to restart it and no response. pressed for long trying to shut it off (this works on my Lenovo thinkpad from work) and still no response. Its now been almost 48 hours the power button light is still on and machine wont start.

The machine has not been connected to charger since saturday shutdown.

Since the battery is encased in the laptop I cannot open it without voiding the warranty. I bought the machine in US and because of work I am now in Europe cannot take it back to Lenovo US.

Anyone have a solution for me?

Alexiak

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hello All,

I found a solution almost by accident decided to try something I have seen used for older Lenovo laptops...
Press Fn+F2+Power button and the machine went off within seconds. I then restarted as normal using the power button and it powered as normal and on starting no data has been lost. Seems the machine just froze for 4 days it still had lots of battery power.

wanted to share incase someone has same problem and the come here looking like me........hope it works for you

Status
Not open for further replies.