You Can Now Blame Your Weight Problems on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]Old_Fogie_Late_Bloomer[/nom]...what?No. Just no. Facebook--specifically--makes you fatter, lowers your credit score, and raises your personal debt? You've gotta be kidding me.[/citation]
Well, it does lower your IQ...

dephiance

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Well, it does lower your IQ...[/citation]

I spend a well amount of time on facebook. But I don't think it makes you more stupider.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
oh just GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

You're big because you excessively eat. You eat inbetween meals, someone may eat a larger supper than you - but after that you eat little snacks. Little bag of chips, chocolate bar, a second plate of supper, stuff like that is what kills you.

Eat a nice breakfast, a nice lunch, a nice supper (Nice as in not a big 2 plate size bowl of spaghetti) and you'll be fine.

Hell I didn't even exercise much at all and I lost 75 pounds just by eating better foods and not eating between meals.

OH and I didn't blame stupid shit all the time like mcdonalds and facebook. YOU put the food in your mouth, THEY DONT.

People always ALWAYS looking for excuses... its absolutely pathetic. (Its genes, its glandular problems, its facebook, its the tv, its this, that, this, that)

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The concept of taking responsibility for one's own actions has been dead and buried for a long time, especially when you can blame it on someone else and make a buck at the same time. SMH.

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
What's even worse is that a respected university funded this study. People are overweight because of a lack of nutritional education and no value for physical exertion - people would rather waste time looking for a close parking spot than park far away and walk; take the elevator when they are only going up one floor; and security guards on seg-ways are just the worst. Anytime a person uses a seg-way is a slap in the face to every person in a wheelchair!

Devoteicon

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
"You can now blame you weight problems on Facebook"

Ok, great. For a second there I thought maybe it was my fault. It feels good to know it's not. I'm gonna sue facebook for giving me diabetes.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]oh just GIVE ME A BREAK!!!You're big because blah, blah, blah[/citation]
Better big than bitter and nasty. Oh, and get a new keyboard. Your shift key is sticking. (no one reads comment filled with all-caps)

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
[citation][nom]dephiance[/nom]I spend a well amount of time on facebook. But I don't think it makes you more stupider.[/citation]

*More stupid

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Better big than bitter and nasty. Oh, and get a new keyboard. Your shift key is sticking. (no one reads comment filled with all-caps)[/citation]

Bitter? Naw, just tired of large people making excuses all the damn time. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I was large 80% of my life and even then I told others to stop finding outlets. You overeat, stop over eating. Stop with the sweets, stop with the big bowls, stop with the lack of movement.

Don't get me wrong - I know how damn hard it is. Its an addiction, an addiction you can't just "quit" you have to keep eating. Ciggs? Once you quit, you're done. Food? You can't quit.

Its hard as f--k but don't go blaming companies and whatnot. You can however complain about prices... Healthy food in general is much more expensive than fatty foods.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Bitter? Naw, just tired of large people making excuses all the damn time. Excuse after excuse after excuse. I was large 80% of my life and even then I told others to stop finding outlets. You overeat, stop over eating. Stop with the sweets, stop with the big bowls, stop with the lack of movement.Don't get me wrong - I know how damn hard it is. Its an addiction, an addiction you can't just "quit" you have to keep eating. Ciggs? Once you quit, you're done. Food? You can't quit.Its hard as f--k but don't go blaming companies and whatnot. You can however complain about prices... Healthy food in general is much more expensive than fatty foods.[/citation]
Right on all accounts and a sentiment I can appreciate. Good for you. My first reply is invalidated. Blame is, of course, ineffective in all aspects of life.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
I gained too much weight (about 60 pounds over BMI) over the last decade because I was living too much of a sedentary lifestyle.Spending all day in front of a screen doesn't help.
What helped me a lot in changing this was ditching the (sedentary travel) car and getting a electric assisted bicycle for my commutes.I only use the electric assist motor for the hills in my area otherwise I pedal.Active transportation is great for losing weight.It gets me to my destination and back,is much less expensive than a car and I am now in much better physical condition after a year of doing this.
If you can change some habits so you get more physical exercise you will have less weight gain.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
What about a New Years resolution to get off Facebook permanently? Yeah, that'll happen, just like the one that goes something like "I'm going to lose weight." Three weeks later, here come the cookies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Hell I didn't even exercise much at all and I lost 75 pounds just by eating better foods and not eating between meals.[/citation]

Are you a creationist? You are just as clueless as one would be about biology.

Status
Not open for further replies.