Your Next Game Console Could be By... Lenovo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squiggs77

Distinguished
May 25, 2010
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]30 free games? That may constitute a purchase for many people, especially if they are good games.[/citation]

I'm not really expecting them to be any good. I am curious as to how they turn out though.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Come on, eBox? They couldn't have come up with something more original than that? The fact there is another product in the console world called the "X-Box" leaves little room for such a crappy unauthentic title and probably will lead to the eBox getting crushed out of the market.[/citation]

Worse, Microsoft and Asus both might have some ground to sue due to it being a bit confusing. Asus'S eeeBox, and the Xbox. There might be some confusion.

Hopefully this is just an early name like Nintendo Revolution or something.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jplarson[/nom]I hope Lenovo doesn't install a bunch of bloatware on their game console like they do their laptops.I[/citation]

As someone in the industry, I can say most of that is because they can't/won't build the laptop so cheap to hit lower prices, and thus have to make up the price gap on the cheap laptops with bloatware subsidies. Every laptop companyX puts a piece of software on is usually a bit of cash they can use to make it cheaper and hit those cutthroat price targets.

That's also why I don't buy cheap ass laptops. Too low quality or too many strings attached somehow for the company to make their money somehow.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
The above attitudes are a great example of why we only have the big 3 producing consoles, we don't hear anything about specs or support for the console and everyone is already bashing it.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Really, they (Sony, Nintendo & Microsoft) just need to give up the whole console thing. It's time. It was fun while it lasted. PC gaming is the way to go.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
no exquisite game graphics, and wii-like excercise-genre. like you do stationary jogging and the console will project onto the TV a road to nowhere. at least you don't get mugged or maybe a little only as the game doesn't have extensive violence.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
So, it's basically a Wii. Well, they admitted that the graphics will suck... that's more than I can say about Nintendo... :D

Anyway, I predict this will fail, as does everyone else. And not just fail, if that... fail HARD. This thing is going to crash and burn...

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hilarious news. However, I remember that not a lot of consoles make it to China - or if they do, years delayed. So for the chinese market, could do quite well.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I wouldn't be so judgmental about it, but I think we need to give the Chinese another 10-20 years before turning out something that masses in other countries would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.