YouTube Co-founder Announces New Video Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]Obviously it will have ads. People who create content for living want to get paid.[/citation]
Unless I upload my own video of a cat doing something funny, in which case I wouldn't expect to get paid, but I suppose the ads will be there to pay the site owners for upkeep of servers, etc

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]firefox + adblock = i'm very verry happy[/citation]

pretty much any browser (safari, chrome, firefox) + adblock.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Unless I upload my own video of a cat doing something funny, in which case I wouldn't expect to get paid, but I suppose the ads will be there to pay the site owners for upkeep of servers, etc[/citation]

The server costs for a video hosting/playing site would be very expensive compared to most websites

RobAC

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
The biggest question for me is:

Will some music company or greedy 3rd party entity claim that the music on the vids are copyrighted by them so they can monetize and place ads on your videos?

That cheeses me off especially since I paid for my licenses and use paid Royalty free tracks. Yet I have to fill out the dispute form every time since they claim they own copyrights to the tracks I paid for.

Aoyagi

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]Obviously it will have ads. People who create content for living want to get paid.[/citation]
See, that's why they (and you) are wrong. If it had at least basic ad-free subscription, I'd be more than happy to pay for good service that wouldn't try to serve me ads on every step I make and wouldn't track everything I do.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Youtube totally sucks now and unless you have a decent list of people you subscribe too from a watchers perspective, then don't even bother.

and if you think you have any chance of starting a channel and getting noticed without any youtube partner help then think again.

its called "themtube" now.

Well just have to wait and see how mixbit turns out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.