YouTube completely locks up my system.

Xanthics

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
So for years now, (three to four), I've been coping with my computer randomly freezing. The tech I work with says of course this is to be expected periodically with computers.

The problem has gotten worse over the years, and now sometimes the system freezes five or six times a day. By freeze, I mean a complete lock-up. No mouse response, audio hangs on the last note being played at the time, and video completely stills on the last image displayed. No matter how long it's left the system does not seem to recover, (which is unusual for Win7 ). This seems to happen near exclusively while watching YouTube videos. I use Chome if that helps anyone, but I've verified the problem with IE and would suspect the issue travels to other browsers also.

• My video card is fully up to date.
    Flash is up to date.
    Shockwave is up to date.

Leaving me without recourse on what else to try.
Any help out there?

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015
Have you tried to check for corruption within your registry keys, classes and settings? Maybe try downloading a program that will be able to help you with that and resolve any issues in the registry if there are any.

KrakowKaz

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
I have a similar issue, it's not just youtube but any flash site. It's fairly rare, but common enough to get on my nerves. Flash will crash, especially if i have multiple browsers open. Mine happens in Firefox.

Xanthics

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015

I have tried using a few 'registry cleaners' in the past, but to be honest I don't know of any program to check for out-right registry corruption instances. Often the cleaners appear to mostly be gimmics themselves too unfortunately. Cleaners have had seemingly no effect, the last one in particular I had used constantly cleaned up errors but always found more magically.

Could you perhaps endorse a reliable program to check for corruption? It would certainly be worth the investment to check for such a thing.

learningbitbybit

Estimable
Jan 15, 2015

I have a couple in mind, but i'd like to know what you have tried before stating mine so it wouldnt be redundant :lol:

Xanthics

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
Skimming through my computer has turned up that I don't even have the old install files for them anymore. It's been awhile since I've performed a check as they hadn't seemed to solve the issue.

At this juncture I'm content to try anything to turn up some results including things that haven't shown results in the past. While sometimes this error doesn't happen for a few days, other times it's up to five or six times a day. Surely you can imagine how frustrating that can get?

The only sure-fire consistent about the incidents are that YouTube is always running when the crash occurs.