YouTube Gets Movie, TV Shows Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
The more free movies/tv shows on the net the better :D

However i just took a look at their selection and didn't see anything that peaked my interest, but that is just one mans opinion

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
This is only the beginning. I believe this is the future of TV. I work for a cable company, but I think the future will be web enabled televisions that access the internet to get content straight from the copyright holder or sites like hulu and youtube rather than being limited by the selection offered by their cable/satellite provider. No longer will there be exclusive partnerships with the NFL or millions of users without access to HDNet. If you want a channel go to their iptv site. Viva la revolucion!

solymnar

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Frankly I can live with the commercial here and there. Its the nicity of being able to watch something you're interested on your own schedule that ultimately matters for me. :)

And considering that the more media distributors that wise up, the less profitable "bandwidth caps" will be from internet providors as it will directly cut in on the amount of online TV people can watch thus = less revenue from ads.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I doubt you'll be able to watch outside the U.S. anytime soon. I've been waiting for Hulu to get international streaming rights, and I don't think anything has been happening on that front. Who knows, maybe Google will be able to get the ball rolling a little faster.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
One question. Are these ads in normal user uploaded videos (user generated content) as well as the in TV shows and movies, or is it only in the TV and movies?

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
We must stop ISP's from doing bandwidth caps.This is a subject that should piss all of us off.Not having cable TV and watching hulu and youtube and other free videos will eat up caps and then they will get you for your video watching.
I dumped my cable tv a few years ago.
The internet is nothing like it was when I started out in 1993.It will only continue to invent new cool things.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]San Pedro[/nom]I doubt you'll be able to watch outside the U.S. anytime soon. I've been waiting for Hulu to get international streaming rights, and I don't think anything has been happening on that front. Who knows, maybe Google will be able to get the ball rolling a little faster.[/citation]
Proxys are your friend. My sister and her husband moved to Germany and were missing their favorite shows. I set them up to connect to Hulu through a proxy server here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.