Solved! YouTube Lag

Nov 6, 2019
While everyone else is having problems with videos being laggy and buffering, i have a different problem. The issue here is that my YouTube app is laggy, not the videos. It is so laggy i can't even scroll up and down smoothly. Pausing takes forever, double tap seeking too, everything is laggy except for the videos. I can fix it by clearing all data, but it gets laggy again the next day, i can keep resetting the app but is that healthy for the phone? i don't think so. Does anyone else have this problem? Know how to fix it? (bad english sry, i'm using a Redmi 5A if that information is needed)

Nov 8, 2019
While everyone else is having problems with videos being laggy and buffering, i have a different problem. The issue here is that my YouTube app is laggy, not the videos. It is so laggy i can't even scroll up and down smoothly. Pausing takes forever, double tap seeking too, everything is laggy except for the videos. I can fix it by clearing all data, but it gets laggy again the next day, i can keep resetting the app but is that healthy for the phone? i don't think so. Does anyone else have this problem? Know how to fix it? (bad english sry, i'm using a Redmi 5A if that information is needed)
Hi!

You may have accidentally deleted something to cause this problem or To solve this problem , you could try to restart your smartphone as this would clear the cache , this should work. If that didnt work then try to factory reset your phone but make sure you store everything on a USB or on your google account if you have one.

This definitely should turn your phone back to normal and have YouTube running smoothly again.