YouTube Removes Original RickRoll Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanraptora

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Hmm... It was good while it lasted, but I guess they need this for rolling out of the "Nickel Rick Roll" service, brought to you by your favorite record company!

G

The Italian goverment threatened to sue youtube.com execs for breaking the "we're stupid" policy.

Raishi

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Rick Astley has a great sense of humor about it; he doesn't just "not mind" it, he helped Cartoon Network Rickroll the entire nation, live, at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I'm not a fan of 4chan memes, but that was a truly epic moment.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I had some good times @ work rick rolling people. The first time they get hit they just have no idea why you are laughing at them. The second time you rickroll someone there like ...ya ya ha ha...the third time it starts getting goofy and much more difficult and this is where the fun begins. We got so bad in our IS department that no one would open a link without checking it first, but of course there are ways to spoof that too, which really added to the fun!

Good times, RickRoll will be missed, Rick Astley won't be. lol

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
grieve said "RickRoll will be missed, Rick Astley won't be. lol"

I am sure Mr. Astley won't be shedding any tears when you meet your demise either.

Also, the song was written and produced not by Mr. Astley but by the songwriting conglomeration known as SAW (Stock, Aitken & Waterman). I have a feeling they are the ones behind the takedown notices.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]Wow, I consider myself a major internet geek, but I have never heard of this "Rickrolling" prank. Am I outdated? What ever happened to 2g1c?[/citation]

It says here that your shits all retarded and you talk like a dearest comrade.

tethoma

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I am glad I got my laughs out of this video while It was still up. I had a GF over at the time, we got drunk and placed this video on repeat again and again and danced for like an hour. Was freaking hilarious.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Has anyone else seen the movie and Nick and Noras Infinite Playlist? Is the band Are You Randy supposed to be a "live" Rickroll? I saw it a few months ago but I havent been able to confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.