Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
hi folks i have some questions about audio for streaming and youtube
atm i have a lowend BM-800 mic and a alesis multimix 4 usb mix, im going to sell this things and im thinking about something better and im serious about acoustic panels in my room
i can get a Superlux CMH8A mic for ultra cheap and now what should i pair it with
im in a budget zone for 150ish€ and im looking for something like the M-Audio M-Track MKII or the Focusrite SCARLETT 2i2 or something you guys suggest
later if those videos go well id like to pair it with something like a Yamaha MG10
and to those panels, this is my room i put some foam just for showing it to my gf so dont take it srsly, any sugestion where to put it?
IMG_8806.jpg

IMG_8809.jpg

IMG_8810.jpg

Solution
scarlett solo or 2i2 are decent budget choices.
at2020 is a decent entry level professional mic with xlr hookup

many factors affect placement.. including if noise is outside your window or if you need to keep noise from passing through the interior wall and waking people up.

as far as making it look the most presentable, you would want to either use a divider or have your back to a flat wall that is either painted or uses a backdrop. if you used a green screen or similar you could use the cutout effect like some youtubers such as pewdiepie. or, if your back was to foam you can have a setup like markiplier. both look very professional. you dont want to show things like a bed, windows, etc.

as far as acoustics, that depends on noise...
scarlett solo or 2i2 are decent budget choices.
at2020 is a decent entry level professional mic with xlr hookup

many factors affect placement.. including if noise is outside your window or if you need to keep noise from passing through the interior wall and waking people up.

as far as making it look the most presentable, you would want to either use a divider or have your back to a flat wall that is either painted or uses a backdrop. if you used a green screen or similar you could use the cutout effect like some youtubers such as pewdiepie. or, if your back was to foam you can have a setup like markiplier. both look very professional. you dont want to show things like a bed, windows, etc.

as far as acoustics, that depends on noise sources or your need to avoid noise transfer. you need to answer that.

Solution

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

ive looked up some reviews so ill go with the 2i2 1st gen
and to the foam ill cover up the whole side above my bed and make something like a U around my monitor and table
i know that a better room would look awesome, but this is the only place in my flat i can fit my pc

and what do you say to the yamaha mg10? would it fit together? later id like to have a more oldschool radio voice if you know what i mean :)

that room will be fine, i just suggested re-arranging a bit to make it more professional looking. either that or adding a divider you can put up or take down to use as a backdrop. your choice how professional you want it to look.

i dont know anything about the mg10 so cannot offer any advice on that. there are some voice changing softwares you might be able to use real-time for a radio effect as well. you might be able to do this in the 2i2 software but i'm not sure you would need to research.

Verndewdimus

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
lol your room treatment made me laugh . I suspect youre giving a blind effort to room reverberation, if you have the room(space), an acoustic partition isnt a bad call, in order to subdue unwanted frequencies on a professional level you need bass traps and you need to pretty much walk along every space in that room while making loud noises and finding out where the reflections are. Unless youre aiming at a money making deal this could prove to be a bit more expensive than you can justify. BUT there are cheap alternatives. Bass traps in corners and generally wall treatments vary by room and the amount depends of the amount of cancellation you want, some studios blanket the walls while others just focus on the centers of the walls , ultimately testing the reflections by clapping and making short loud noises will determine what you need as well as practice recordings on video where you identify reflections, walls tend to ad mid and high range reflections and corners add bass boominess.

Status
Not open for further replies.