Youtube Videos Awfully Choppy/Laggy Across All Browsers

Brillyx

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014
Hello everyone, I have had this problem on my desktop for so many, many months.

I have been having a problem with Youtube where the video skips and jumps while the audio stays intact, so for example the image will lag while the audio plays crystal clear all the way through.

This is the most frustrating thing ever because when I play games on my PC the image is perfectly fine, I can play many games and experience almost no lag on pretty decent settings too.

But for Youtube videos, that seems to be my computer's kryptonite. It just does not handle the videos well at all.

I have tried switching from Chrome to Firefox or Internet Explorer, and the same problem occurs on Youtube. I have tried the "Flash plugins" fix that everyone seems to suggest for Chrome users and no matter what way I tweak the plugins it still has the same problem. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash on my computer, no solution.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 graphics card, an AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor, and an ST2000DM 001-1CH164 SATA Hard Drive. I am starting to just consider replacing all three of these with more expensive parts because as it stands this build is not satisfying me the way it is with this problem. All of my current parts are all updated with the latest drivers, and I still have this issue.

Does anyone have any advice here? I am really at my wits end and I'm open to trying new things.

sanjeevmalik

Estimable
Mar 16, 2014
try ccleaner and clean all the junk files. try uninstalling the browser and flash again. sometimes it solves the issue. if the problem still persists comment here again.