Zone 2 input on Yamaha RX-A710

Status
Not open for further replies.

toiday

Distinguished
May 11, 2005
I connect HDMI out on the Yamaha to the HDMI ARC port on my TV. That works out fine for Zone 1. However, I can't have audio out in Zone 2. Is that normal or I missed something?

On many 2 zone receivers only analog inputs are available to the second zone output.
You can get around this by using an HDMI-ARC audio extractor. This will give you digital and analog outputs. You can assign the digital out to one input and the analog to another input. Select the analog one for zone 2. Use the digital to get surround sound for the main zone.

toiday

Distinguished
May 11, 2005

Thanks for your answer. So, I went on Amazon and bought an HDMI Audio Splitter Adapter with ARC support. In its User Manual, it has a drawing a DVD player, plugs in the box's HDMI input. At the output side, the HDMI Out to an HDTV, the SPDIF output to a AV system, and the RCA output to a stereo. Following that, I take the HDMI output from the Yamaha RX-A710 (ARC) input to the box and the box's HDMI output to the TV's HDMI-ARC input. When I turn on TV, it also turn on my Yamaha, which is normal for ARC control. But there is no sound. I also connect the RCA out to the CD in on Yamaha RX-A710 for Zone 2 but it also has no sound. I wonder if I connected correctly or I just have a bad unit. Can you give me suggestion?

Mar 19, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.