ZTE Majesty Pro resets by accident

scottmlrs

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
My phone resets by accident when it is in my pocket. I think it's because the pin is entered incorrectly 10 times by mistake and that triggers a hard reset.

Solution
Hmm, it sounds like either certain button combinations are being pushed at the same time when the phone is in the position you are keeping it in (i.e. pocket, etc.,) which isn't unheard of. It only takes holding down two specific buttons to do a "Hard Reset" on a phone. Which can wipe all your data. There is no real way to avoid that, the button combination, since it is made so that you can do it if you need to. Including it not giving you access to the phone itself. In this case, the only way around it is to either get yourself a cover that will help inhibit access to these buttons when in the pocket, etc., which would also make using them anytime a tad harder, or carry the device in a different way/place.

Now in regards to a lock...

stevendorsey43822

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
I'm going to use a little deductive reasoning here. The man's phone reset itself while he was out living his life, it greatly inconveninced him, and he wants to a) make sure it never happens again, b) roll his phone back to the state it was in before, or c) both.

Case a: his post is, "I have a problem, this is what's happening", so clearly, his implicit question is, "What can I do to keep my phone from doing this again?" We can assume that he NEEDS his phone to actually be on. So turning his phone off and on is not a good solution. So answering the question would be a matter of determining if there is a way to disable hte phones reset options.

Case b: His post is essentially, "This happened and I lost everything that I had previously changed, how do I get it back." Which could be answered by telling him how to backup and restore apps, folders created on the android "desktop-thing", settings regarding permissions and etc, rather than rebuilding his phone's environment from the ground up all over again.

I don't know the answers to these questions, and I found this post because I have the EXACT same phone and problem that he has. I am concerned that it is related to how easy it is for my phone to bring up its pin number menu in my pocket. So I was hoping there would be an answer for this sort of thing. I suppose the only solution is to assign some other form of security that isn't as easy for this phone to **** itself over with. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if the power button was opposite the volume button instead of on top, as it frequently gets pressed by my pants while I"m walking. I wan't a pin number, becasue I don't want people to be able to just arbitrarily access my phone if they get a hold of it. However, this only happens if I have a password/pin/etc set which can trigger the security feature of resetting my phone without my approval.

I should mention this happened last nilght while I was cart-pushing 3pm - 12 am, and it was the FOURTH time the phone had done it. The other three times being just after I purchased it, until I disabled my pin. Making my phone insecure is a non-solution in my book, as I do have sensitive apps and information on my phone that I don't want peple to have hte opportunity to access. my bank account, emails, ******* calendar dates for stuff, etc.

Hmm, it sounds like either certain button combinations are being pushed at the same time when the phone is in the position you are keeping it in (i.e. pocket, etc.,) which isn't unheard of. It only takes holding down two specific buttons to do a "Hard Reset" on a phone. Which can wipe all your data. There is no real way to avoid that, the button combination, since it is made so that you can do it if you need to. Including it not giving you access to the phone itself. In this case, the only way around it is to either get yourself a cover that will help inhibit access to these buttons when in the pocket, etc., which would also make using them anytime a tad harder, or carry the device in a different way/place.

Now in regards to a lock option, that is different. They are made to lock the device and have restrictions on how many times the wrong one can be input before the phone will no longer work. However, this is usually triggered in the same way. Pushed buttons. So the solution would be the same.

Solution