Solved! zte z981 phone randomly turns itself off.

Dec 18, 2018
my phone has started randomly turning itself off, even with 77% charge. I have ran malware and anti virus apps they are OK... any suggestions or ideas? it has been doing this for a couple months but getting more frequent....

Well it could be something on the phone (software wise) or it could be the battery is going bad which if that is the case would start to give false readings.

Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it turns off when it has a high percentage in there. Granted in that mode you can't access most apps, etc., but this is to test if it happens in there or not, not test your apps. If the problem occurs in there, then it is likely the battery need replacing. If it doesn't happen in there, then you have something on the device that is the cause. I know you said you search for stuff but you may want to search again for viruses, malware, and also check for bad apps.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Well it could be something on the phone (software wise) or it could be the battery is going bad which if that is the case would start to give false readings.

Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it turns off when it has a high percentage in there. Granted in that mode you can't access most apps, etc., but this is to test if it happens in there or not, not test your apps. If the problem occurs in there, then it is likely the battery need replacing. If it doesn't happen in there, then you have something on the device that is the cause. I know you said you search for stuff but you may want to search again for viruses, malware, and also check for bad apps.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Dec 18, 2018
thank for you help... it is the battery.. it had 68% then dropped to 55% before I could even turn it on.... sadly it has no, removable battery... I sincerely thank you!

Well most batteries can be removed, just often anymore not so easily. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, and it isn't under warranty, try a local tech. If, however, it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Norman01 Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 2
R Android Smartphones 5
I Android Smartphones 0
B Android Smartphones 0
S Android Smartphones 0
A Android Smartphones 7
L Android Smartphones 1
Rendvend Android Smartphones 1
barryallen82 Android Smartphones 5
Gblnos Android Smartphones 4