Zynga Closing Boston Studio, Cutting Austin Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
Zynga needs to die already they are a parasite who does nothing other than rip off others games.
Hopefully Facebook will follow in their footsteps.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Translations:

M: We are sunsetting 13 older games and we’re also significantly reducing our investment in The Ville.
Translate: We admit 13 are crap games including "The Ville." Who came up with that name should be fired. Issues on "The Ville" will also be ignored from now on as it's also a crap game.

M: We are closing the Zynga Boston studio and proposing closures of the Zynga Japan and UK studios. Additionally, we are reducing staffing levels in our Austin studio. All of these represent terrific entrepreneurial teams, which make this decision so difficult.
Translate: We are laying off Boston and Japan and UK employees. For Austin, lots of you should update your resume. This decision is difficult but not really. We need the money and you guys are overpaid.

M: In all, we will unfortunately be parting ways with approximately 5% of our full time workforce. We don’t take these decisions lightly as we recognize the impact to our colleagues and friends who have been on this journey with us. We appreciate their amazing contributions and will miss them.
Translate: 5% of you will be gone. Too bad. Thanks for your slave work. Later!

M: These reductions, along with our ongoing efforts to implement more stringent budget and resource allocation around new games and partner projects, will improve our profitability and allow us to reinvest in great games and our Zynga network on web and mobile.
Translate: You guys getting fired allow the rest of us to keep our job to make profit and continue to make crap games.

M: Zynga made social gaming and play a worldwide phenomenon, and we remain the industry leader. Our success has come from our dedication to a simple and powerful proposition – that play is not just something people do to pass time, it’s a core need for every person and culture.
Translate: Zynga makes crap games.We don't know how people got hooked into playing our games but whatever, they waste their time and we got their money.

M: If you have any immediate questions, I hope you will talk directly with your manager, Colleen, or me.
Translate: Any emails regarding these issues will be addressed when we have time. Please email your direct manager first. If you email Colleen or me, I would just forward that email to HR.

M: I look forward to talking with you tomorrow.
Translate: Go back to work, you lazy bums!

headscratcher

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
Who would have thought that an over-inflated virtual product company with no real revenue stream or good plan for monetizing any of its fad products would be having financial issues and see its stock tanking?
When has something like that ever happened before?

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
People lose jobs while the guys at the top already cashed in months ago. Zynga will go down and the only winners are Pincus and company who will go home with hundreds of millions of dollars -combined- in their pockets

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Either they have a ridiculous number of satellite studios, or their leadership is terrible.

I wonder how many of those losing their jobs have been there less than two years.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I actually surprised they been around for 5 years, I don't recall them ever making an original game. As it seems they typically rip off other peoples ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.