Zynga: New Hardcore Gamer is 40 and Female

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatsaltedone

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
That must be a very interesting definition of "Hardcore gamer" they have.

As much as I may not like Zynga or their games, it's a good move for society as a whole -- becoming more accepting of gaming as an alternative to television.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Not sure if i can really beleave it or not. To be honsest there are alot of hardcore gamers out there that are pissed off at being screwed. I think this is a better example of how the game market is changing, and how easy it is for a company like Zynga to steal alot of steam from the big boys when they ignore platforms.

I would be playing alot more on my system if there was something worth playing. as it stands there isint much, so i dont play as much.

Simple math really. Developers make games that are really neat (and takes advantage of the latest and greatest), gamers play games. flip it over Developers make games for weaker hardware, and port over Players get pissed off and stop playing, player waits for something descent.

right now... theres alot of pissed off players waiting for something descent. Alot of these people have lost faith in the big developers because they have spent way too much line staring at the bottom doller instead of inhancing user experiance. with this out its obvious that Zynga has found a way to utilize some intresting features to bring in a new croud, And it does cater towards women more. farmville, fishville, and what ever that restaurant game is. they are cutesy games graphic wise. reminds me of the sims and my aunt.

rpmrush

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Farmville is like any flash based game. It has very limited appeal to any real PC gamer. However, older chicks are seriously into it. All the animals and customized plants and crap. My mom, grandma, and especially aunt are all annoyingly addicted. My Aunt is a hardcore Farmville player. $400 a month earns her that title. That's hardcore gamer money and despite several family interventions, her monthly donations to Farmville so she can have the newest horse or tree keeps climbing.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Obviously Zynga is unaware of what hardcore gaming is and is unaware of the adage "on the internet - the women are men, the men are boys and the kids are FBI agents."

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
farmvile players are hardcore gamers, yeah ... n being a politician in any country automatically qualifies you to be the president of the US

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]LMAO And Honda Civic's with spoilers are "race cars".[/citation]
You sir, have a very good example of how obviously skewed that statement was.

Status
Not open for further replies.