Zynga Suing Former Studio GM for Stealing Trade Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apparently now experience is called "trade secret"... if this case goes anywhere, i expect those fortune 500 companies with revolving CEO's will start suing each other...

Azimuth01

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
Maybe the guy who stole the information was going to publish a book.....

"Idiots guide to change a company from successful and trendy to bankrupt and irrelevant in 2 fiscal quarters."

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I'm a little lost on this. What trade secrets could Zynga truly have? It's not like any of their games have anything that stand out as amazing that hasn't been done before or can't be replicated. If it simply business tactics then that is a obvious too, try to create addictive games and generate revenue through them. I sure hope when this reaches a jury they actually get a jury that can and will call bull**** on this one.

saudagar

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
No wonder I have always hated Zynga games for being the same initially and attracting hordes of people just signing up to see what the fuss is all about and many of them not being educated enough to remove that from their apps and also some script kiddies running bots to get to the top.......
All in all Meh, all this to get some cheap publicity in the light of sinking stock of Zynga.

timaeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hahaha, silly me, when i saw the headline of this article I thought Zynga was finally owning up to stealing trade secrets from another company, albeit in the form of blaming a former employee for doing so. Guess they'll never admit to that.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
So Zynga, a company that outright copies other companies work, is now suing it's own ex-employees for stealing "trade secrets."

I would think they could just give the code to the companies that original made the game and be rewarded for returning "stolen" items.

Oh EA, for all my hate I hope you deal the killing blow to Zynga.

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
to be the devil's advocate.

IF you are all saying there were no trade secrets, or such has no value; then why did the employee go through the trouble of copying over files...
If your former employee sucks, you dump their laptop back to them and say good riddance.
There's also a lesson here to separate your personal work onto your own equipment if you make the claim that the stuff he was copying over was personal stuff.

Yes Zynga sucks, but I think there is standing that the employee may have took some stuff of value that deserves the trial

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
If Zynga HR department has a clue they would have put a non-compete clause in their employee contracts. Issue solved.

That said I just hope that Zynga's lawyers don't tie up the legal system too much .... Apple still has 6 billion people left to sue.

Seriously this is Tom's and a lawsuit story is required to have the word "apple" in it at some point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS