The old but capable hardware of the PS3 will sometimes get
Error AIP-701 when the app has trouble communicating with Netflix servers.
Either fix below will do the trick whether it is an internet or app related
Refresh The Login Information For Netflix
Corrupted login information is problematic for apps on older
consoles like the PS3. To get around this problem, you can force a refresh of
the information in the app. Doing so will force you to login to Netflix with
your username and password, so make sure to have both handy before starting
1. Go to TV/Video Services from the home screen.
2. Select Netflix by pressing X on the controller.
3. Hold the Start and Select buttons together until you get
a pop up prompt.
4. Select Yes when it asks you to reset the Netflix
5. Enter in your login information on the Netflix screen and
the error will be gone.
Connect The PS3 Directly To The Modem
If you use a wireless connection, bypassing the router’s
settings will give you access to Netflix. Doing this will disrupt any current
connection in the house, so make sure no device on your home network is
1. Turn off the console.
2. Plug an Ethernet cable directly into your modem and
3. Unplug the modem from the wall outlet.
4. Wait one minute and then plug it back in again.
5. Turn on the PS3 and try Netflix using the new direct