Since most Rokus are wireless based devices, Error NW-4-7 is
a common problem when using Netflix. The Roku has a couple of unique fixes to
get the app working again if you have anything from the second generation
onwards. When using the second fix, make sure that no devices are currently
downloading from the internet.
Restart The Roku
Restarting the device is a quick and easy way to get rid of
the error without losing any information. On older models of the Roku, the boot
up sequence may take more than a full minute.
1. Unplug the Roku from the power outlet and wait ten seconds.
2. Plug the Roku back in and wait for it to get past the boot
3. Once on the home screen open the Netflix app and it will
Restart The Internet
Use this fix as a last resort to get rid of Error NW-4-7 on
all Roku devices. This is the longer troubleshooting fix but it is pretty
simple to go through.
1. Unplug the power from the Roku device.
2. Unplug the modem and router and wait a sixty seconds.
3. Plug the devices back in using this order; modem, router
and then Roku.
4. Wait for all three devices to finish their warm up
tests/boot. This can take as little as one minute or as much as five depending
on the hardware.
5. Open the Netflix app and continue normal operations.