Ùnable to boot from usb for Acer Aspire ES11 laptop even though I disable secure boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
Ùnable to boot from usb for Acer Aspire ES11 laptop even though I disable secure boot. I do not have UEFI in my bios. USB DVD drive also cannot work.

Solution
Acer Service Centre confirm that the Acer Aspire ES1-132 notebook Bios can only support USB UEFI format drive. All others FAT, FAT32 or NTFS is not supported. So only a USB UEFI drive Windows Installing iso can only install. Case Closed.

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
There is no problem with my usb drive. I have created an iso image using rufus and copied into usb drive in ntfs format. It works properly when I tried installing into Desktop and other laptop. Is there some security settings in Acer laptop bios that we might not know about?

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
Already tried changing the boot order to set as first priority but still cannot recognise in Acer Aspire ES11 laptop. But with Desktop and other Laptop I do not have this issue. It is able to read my USB drive. Something in Acer Laptop bios security that we are not aware of?:

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018

I dun think so. There are three USB port on my laptop and all cannot be recognised. It has something to do with the security of the Bios. Even with secure boot disabled it still does not work.

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
I told you it is not a USB port problem. The USB drive install properly on other Desktop and laptop without issue. I have used USB DVD drive also cannot be recognised. I suspect it has to do with security on the Bios of my Acer laptop.

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
Answer from Acer.

Please be advise that we only certified this model running on Windows 10 Home.

Kindly try to follow the Steps to boot using a USB Bootable Device.

1. Power up the system and Keep tapping on F2
2. Enter BIOS,
3. Go to the Main tab and Enable the Secure boot
4. Set the Boot mode in Legacy
5. Enable the F12 and Press F10 to Save and Exit
6. Upon restarting , Keep tapping F12 until the Boot selection will appear
7. Choose " USB Removable device "

If problem still persists after performing the above steps, you may send in the unit to our service centre for verification.

Below is our address and business hours:

Acer Service Centre
29 International Business Park, #01-01, Acer Building, Tower A, Service Centre (Side Entrance) Singapore 609923
Business hours: Last Queue Number 4.15pm
Monday to Friday, 8:45am to 5:15pm
Extended Hours :< Drop-Off ONLY, No Repair>
Wednesdays: 5:15pm till 7:45pm.
Saturdays: 9:00am to 12:00pm.
(Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays)
Buses: No 51,78,79,97,143,197 from Jurong East Bus Interchange

Thank you!

Regards,
CJ
Call Centre
Customer Service Department
Acer Computer (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Co Reg No. 199005825C

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
Firstly My Acer Laptop Bios does not support UEFI so there is no way to change to Legacy mode. When I enable Secure Boot the problem still persist. Even though my set is still under warranty, your Service Centre is too far away from my Home.Must I pay you to resolve a simple problem? Buyers of Acer products better beware what tricks are manufacturer up to nowadays?

gilberttants

Great
Jun 17, 2018
Acer Service Centre confirm that the Acer Aspire ES1-132 notebook Bios can only support USB UEFI format drive. All others FAT, FAT32 or NTFS is not supported. So only a USB UEFI drive Windows Installing iso can only install. Case Closed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.