$1,500 System Can Intercept Your Cellphone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Zomg! i want to make one!!! Then i could see who my brother is always talking to.. he always mentions something stupid that i can never seem to hear.

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I've been able to hear cell phone conversations on a $300 radio receiver for years... whoopiee doo daa. Our government records every phone conversation, watch what your saying, my friend didn't and had the local fbi come to our freaking house years ago... ugh.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]yzfr1guy[/nom]I've been able to hear cell phone conversations on a $300 radio receiver for years... whoopiee doo daa. Our government records every phone conversation, watch what your saying, my friend didn't and had the local fbi come to our freaking house years ago... ugh.[/citation]
Maybe having a lisp that most people find difficult to understand is a good thing after all. ^_^

Like many others I assume, my first thought was, 'I want'. Though I'm more interested in a jammer...

mrmotion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Don't worry, the cia already has these.[/citation]

I'm guessing the CIA has stuff that makes this look like childs play.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Glad I am CDMA and not GSM. Not to mention if I wanted total privacy I would run a Blackberry. Double encryption. Try to break that on your laptop.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Don't worry, the cia already has these.[/citation]

No the CIA and NSA. Have back doors built into every phone system. So all they have to do is make a phone call to ATT to get a transcript. No need to hook anything up.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]$10 goes to whomever can tell me what that baby is reading. It looks like something evil.[/citation]

So considering the fact that baby's can't read, does that make this a potential trick bet? ;-)

TwoDigital

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Glad I am CDMA and not GSM.[/citation]+1 tokenz. GSM has always been far more vulnerable, but it's cheaper to implement, was already the standard protocol in Europe, and had better capacity than the analog AMPS system it was competing with at the time. CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) is exponentially more secure. GSM is a fancy upgrade to TDMA from the old AT&T Wireless days.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I'd like to know how he jams the 3G signal. It's a spread spectrum air interface that operates well below the noise level.

I work in cellular, albeit the software side, and have been trying to figure out how to do this asking the RF guys. (guy I go to lunch with can't detatch himself from his blackberry). They either can't figure out a cost affective solution or are keeping their mouths shut. Seriously, beyond a box over the antenna, we can only think of something that would fill a small moving truck and cost a minimum of 50 grand.

G

@cyprod

3G coverage is marginal at the best of times, it doesn't take much for those silly smartphones to fall back to 2G (happens more often then not) so really he doesn't need to completely jam the signals just cause enough static for the phone to decide it's more trouble then it's worth, having 3 people in a single cell connect and max out the connection would probably do it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.