1 in 10 American Smartphone Subscribers Owns an iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
n the smartphone segment alone, Apple now owns 28.1 percent (+1 point) of the market and Google 46.3 percent (+4.4 points). (-4.5 points to 17.2 percent) is still on a path of sharp decline, Microsoft (-0.3 points to 5.4 percent) cannot gain traction and Symbian (1.6 percent) has become virtually meaningless in this space.

seriously.... spell check...

and to the first paragraph. Considering LG / Moto / Samsung all run android on their phones and Google (android) is increasing in market share (+4.4 points), wouldn't their market share be actually increasing dramatically?...

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
In the other side of the news, 1 out of 4 people actually owns a samsung phone.

This phone... is amazing. Cant get a samsung phone? dude, you're a barista.

stratplaya

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2007
I just ordered a Samsung Epic 4G from Amazon for 1 penny. I wanted to go Windows but the storage capacity is topped out at 16GB. With the Samsung I can go as high as 32 if needed. Forget about Apple. I guess they think their stuff is too good to put on sale.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Apple, however, is the only top 5 brand whose market share is growing.

More Apple lies...

"Jumping past Apple, Samsung has become the new world leader in the smartphone arena with %223 year over year market growth"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57318644-37/samsung-outshines-apple-in-smartphone-shipments-market-share/

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
[citation][nom]richboyliang[/nom]Never heard of RIM or Symbian?[/citation]

RIM = Blackberry ... better?

I personally am opposed to anything Apple but I know how many sheep there are in this world and am surprised it's only 1 in 10. and not a higher number.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]lilotimz[/nom]seriously.... spell check...and to the first paragraph. Considering LG / Moto / Samsung all run android on their phones and Google (android) is increasing in market share (+4.4 points), wouldn't their market share be actually increasing dramatically?...[/citation]
Sad isn't it? You'd think someone that posts "news" on a tech site would be better at math....and better at keeping up with news...

[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]More Apple lies..."Jumping past Apple, Samsung has become the new world leader in the smartphone arena with %223 year over year market growth"http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3- [...] ket-share/[/citation]
Wonder where Comscore got their info....

dietcreamsoda

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
46.3 percent of smartphone owners are sheep...sheep with phones that will be relegated to irrelevance within 90 days of purchase...sheep with poorly built, cheap looking/feeling phones...sheep that never went to/finished college...sheep that will call iPhone owners sheep even if iPhones only made up 1% of the market...sheep that should be happy that their lives are so simpleton that they can post daily comments about how great their cheap, shitty Android device is...sheep that root for a corporation as if it's some kind of humanitarian cause...way to go Android sheep, way to go.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
so apple is growing rapidly, samsung still leads gut google's android is declining, microsoft is cornered and symbian is meaningless.
google should improve android to outperform ios.
nice to see microsoft cornered and symbian become worthless.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]lilotimz[/nom]seriously Considering LG / Moto / Samsung all run android on their phones and Google (android) is increasing in market share (+4.4 points), wouldn't their market share be actually increasing dramatically?...[/citation]
Finish reading the paragraph "Apple, however, is the only top 5 brand whose market share is growing." I'm not sure who the top 5 brands are but I could infer that they could include LG/Moto/Samsung.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
In other news, 90% of American smartphone users aren't irritating hipster douchebags who think owning a branded product gives their lives meaning and themselves a personality.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]stratplaya[/nom] I wanted to go Windows but the storage capacity is topped out at 16GB.[/citation]

I have 40Gb in my Focus, and 32gigs in my HTC HD7 (both WP7 phones) I just sold to help fund the purchase of the TITAN.
Stop believing the bull poop spread by ill-informed pushers of android and iOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.