1 in 5 Women Have Dumped Partners Over Gaming

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
What can I say video games are a hell of a lot more fun then spending time with my girlfriend. All she wants to do is tell me what I am doing wrong. Hell Call of Duty is probably the only thing that gives me an escape from her, thus keeping us together. All praise video games.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
My best friend got dumped because of mmorpgs. She said he wasn't giving her enough attention.

I tell my gf to deal with it or leave. Of course I take breaks to keep her somewhat happy. No bitch is getting between me and computer. :) it is a part of MY life and if they don't like the way I live then they can f**k off.

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom]My best friend got dumped because of mmorpgs. She said he wasn't giving her enough attention.I tell my gf to deal with it or leave. Of course I take breaks to keep her somewhat happy. No bitch is getting between me and computer. it is a part of MY life and if they don't like the way I live then they can f**k off.[/citation]

So keep us posted on how the single life is treating ya...

G

Yes... but how many guys have dump girlfriends over gaming.... I did!

She would just not leave me alone to have a few minutes after work to clear my head. I am still playing games and she is still single to my knowledge!

reasonablevoice

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
[citation][nom]bgaimur[/nom]yeah yo dog yo yo yo[/citation]

I know everyone dinged your comment, but I thought that was funny. How types in "yo" in their comments like that?

reasonablevoice

Distinguished
May 10, 2008
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]Sorry but in this day and age women cheat as much if not more then men, I've seen it many of times personally.[/citation]

Not true. There are statistics out there and they still show men cheating at almost double the rate than women.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]cua8er[/nom]"as technology improves, our ability to interact with those around us lessens"[/citation]

Ironic, as the study was probably written on a laptop and is now published online.

Oh what hell we live in. Remember the days when you had to send letter to reach people over seas. Man, THOSE days were soooo much better. Better communication with the weeks it took to get a response.

Maybe people just need to be more interesting than WoW. There are too many people on this earth and 90% are boring. I don't blame the gamers... or the girlfriends for that matter.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
And in OTHER news, I just built my girlfriend a gaming computer. Now we play games together, have lan parties with friends, and still have time to go out and have fun outside.

Maybe those girls are just close-minded or selfish.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Let's be real about this. Women always want attention, and probably a lot more than we want to give. I've known this my whole life. We spend a lot of time acting like we're paying attention to them, when we're really not. The problem with games are, you can't fake it as easily.

But, more to the point. I, like many, would play Civ type games for hours on top of hours, and if my girlfriend came in, well, I still needed to sack Rome, and she needed to realize it. Of course, if she didn't, then she was smart enough to know how to get a man's attention, without even getting him angry. Any woman that doesn't, is probably so ugly you're better off without her, or so stupid you are. If girl can't get a man's attention, she needs to go ask her mother some questions about men. We're not that hard to manipulate, and we don't even mind it if done properly.

dman157

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
The problem today is there are way to many people on these "social networking" sites. I have a facebook, in which I receive many posts on my wall a day (I'm 16 :p), but after this new year, I am close to abandoning it. First of all, it does you a lot more good to use the internet for something like homework, or actually reading on something that interests you such as cars, or politics (In my case its aviation) so you don't become a big stupid piece of lard spending 10 hours on facebook procrastinating. It also helps socially because who doesn't like to talk about the news, or that hot new 370z? We also need to get back to playing outside, or getting some kind of exercise at least once a week, whether it be walking on a large campus to class, or walking/riding to work, or even just shooting some hoops outside just for practice or recreation. I think its also a lot better if people would spend their time playing a game where they can actually learn something useful in life, such as, Flight Simulator, where you learn how an aircraft works etc, then just playing Halo Wars or WoW for 16 hrs straight. It's also better to take a break from playing and relax and watch some TV or if its still bright, go outside, then just keep your eyes glued to an noneducational game for endless hours.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]I guess I am a lucky one, met my wife playing WoW[/citation]

I met my girlfriend that way as well, been together now for 3 years. :) It really goes along way if you're a gamer, to have a girlfriend/wife that is a gamer as well, even if you both don't like most of the games each other plays. It's having similar hobbies and attitudes which go a long way towards a successful relationship.

We do love playing MMOs, light-gun games like House of the Dead, racing games, etc.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
[citation][nom]RADIO_ACTIVE[/nom]I guess I am a lucky one, met my wife playing WoW[/citation]

[citation][nom]Eccentric909[/nom]I met my girlfriend that way as well, been together now for 3 years. [/citation]

I've seen girls that play WoW. I'd rather chew off my own dick than sleep with one of them.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I was close to this outcome with the wife and the gaming thing. That is until Guitar Hero popped up and she couldn't say shit to me and whatever PC/console anymore :)

G

I'm prepared to get a divorce when Star Wars: The Old Republic comes out in 2011.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]However, unlike the women surveyed in the study, only six-percent thought the "addiction" was a reason to call it quits.[/citation]

So there you have it! Women are more shallow than men!

Status
Not open for further replies.