10 Best "Crowdfunded" 2011 Kickstarter Tech Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
The title of this article is misleading: This is basically the 10 best ipad projects, not 10 best tech projects...

And not 1 mention of Settlers of Cattan, wood edition?

teslafreakshow

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah just a bunch of icrap accessories. Just goes to show that the ipad design itself is lame. Adding a overlay keyboard because a real keyboard is better than the shit on screen ones.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]The title of this article is misleading: This is basically the 10 best ipad projects, not 10 best tech projects...And not 1 mention of Settlers of Cattan, wood edition?[/citation]
How is Settlers of Cattan a tech gadget?

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I think it's funny that the people trying to start the iTar didn't take the hint that not enough people wanted it. If you can't make your goal here and you have to get outside funding - what makes you think you will be able to sell your product once it's done? Duh! I think I would consider it a failure right there and move on.

And yes, this is all iCrap gear - come on Tom's, how about hooking us up with some REAL gadgets. The Bluetooth speaker and the pen/stylus thing were decent, but that's it.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]DaddyW123[/nom]I think it's funny that the people trying to start the iTar didn't take the hint that not enough people wanted it. If you can't make your goal here and you have to get outside funding - what makes you think you will be able to sell your product once it's done? Duh! I think I would consider it a failure right there and move on.And yes, this is all iCrap gear - come on Tom's, how about hooking us up with some REAL gadgets. The Bluetooth speaker and the pen/stylus thing were decent, but that's it.[/citation]

actually the itar is a very good idea. the problem is this, how many people want a guitar? there is a market for this, and a fairly large one, but they wont pay for an unfinished product, and most likely also never even knew about this. if the price is right, like well under the cost of a regualy midi guitar, i may even pick one up.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
7/10 of these are strictly apple products, and the other 3 are nothing to write home about.

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

G

FYI, one of these "best" Kickstarters is apparently a con man who never really intended to deliver anything to his backers. Seth Quest, the founder of Hanfree, reaped $35,000 in backing, but last fall told backers he was unable to create the product after all. He promised to refund the monies, but now it's Spring 2012, almost a year after he was funded, and backers have received no product and no refund. He's stringing people along with vague comments about the "difficulties" he's having in figuring out how to make amends.

oeconomist

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Unlike Anonymous, I believe that Seth Quest originally planned to deliver the Hanfree to his Kickstarter buyers; but he certainly didn't, and the project was declared to have collapsed more than a month before this entry is dated. Quest has refused to account for how the money was spent. He has variously claimed that Kickstarter buyers are owed nothing because (as he claims) Kickstarter is an investment gamble, insinuated that he was able to transfer liability to a corporation that he registered and then dissolved, and has said that he would develop a settlement programme if angry buyers would behave more deferentially to him.

G

Sounds like this Quest guy is a fraud. He bilked about $35,000 from people purchasing his non-existent product.

Status
Not open for further replies.