10 Best iGoogle Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

website

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Homepage.org

That's my Homepage. Now that’s a good alternative to iGoogle, because It is very organized, to the point and simple. I can find stuff without searching or typing and I’m not stuck with just one choice.

CeeBee52

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I absolutely love iGoogle. it has everything I want right on my desktop as my home Page, and now some clown at Google is assuming everyone is a Tech Head and we all need updating. Well I don't and I am very upset to lose iGoogle. Looking for an alternative to Google altogether :(

petershalman

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I highly recommend www.portalpanel.com. With its new ,beautiful and neat design, it shows that it is not a copy of igoogle again.

It’s a web-based online bookmarking tool with a unique link scanning feature that produces a picture thumbnail of each bookmarked page and also features a Calendar app and a Library app and RSS reader.

It’s a great alternative to iGoogle and Google Reader. PortalPanel stores, labels and helps organizing bookmarks so they can be retrieved for later use easily any time.

Meanwhile you can easily import you bookmarks from google bookmarks to portalpanel.

Nadia Hore

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I've been using PortalPanel for few months and I found it very interesting and useful. Its simple home page allows you to bookmark your favourite websites and links in separate folders. Besides, you have control on some of your social networks, like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, as well as Yahoo weather. You can also get the latest news you are interested in delivered right to you, by its RSS reader.
It works perfectly in different browsers and I would suggest to make it your homepage and enjoy its simplicity.

Shana999

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
In my opinion, nothing beats Portal Panel (PTP) www.portalpanel.com. I looked for an alternative for igoogle for a long time just like many of you are, until a friend introduced me to Portalpanel. I have been very happy with it. I'm glad I see a few other people are hooked on Portalpanel as well :)
I have set it as my homepage, so on one page I have everything I need. I have my facebook widget, my weather widget, my calendar, my news (RSS reader), a library of info and all my bookmarks. I think PTP has a very authentic and innovative approach and is the best fit for igoogle replacement.

I highly suggest you try it out and enjoy the user friendly features of it!
www.portalpanel.com

Ron d

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I tried a few of the available alternatives to igoogle and they all seem to have
done a pretty nice job. Among all, I chose Portalpanel and started using it. To be honest I found it very interesting, simple to work and its many features
address my concerns so I selected Portalpanel as my home page. You may want to try it as well. Good luck.

sboire

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I never quite like the feel of other igoogle alternatives, most do too much for my needs: RSS feeds, social feeds, email, calendar and bookmarks. That's why I built the iguzu portal (http://www.iguzu.com), it's simple, fast and is 100% no fuzz.

That being said, if you are looking to get gazillions of gadgets, this is not the place for you...

hodfir

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
There are so many good alternatives out there, one of the best ones that I have tried and def fell in love with was http://www.portalpanel.com/ . It took me a while to look for an alternative. I tried so many different sites..but I don't think any of them beat Portalpanel https://www.portalpanel.com/.. I have set it as my homepage, so on one page I have everything I need. I have my facebook widget, my weather widget, my calendar, my news (RSS reader), a library of info and all my bookmarks.
They have a very unique and innovative approach, perfect replacement for igoogle.
I highly suggest you try it out and enjoy all the user friendly features of it!
www.portalpanel.com
I hope this helps you all :)

petershalman

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
It is sad that iGoogle is leaving. I tried a few replacements. Nothing can be exactly iGoogle. Sorry copycats but I felt I had to move to something new and decent and at least professional. I chose PortalPanel.com. so far so good.

PeterLairo

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I need Google Tasks (Google's To Do Lists), and none of the alternatives seems to support Google Tasks. I don't have an alternative right now.

PeterLairo

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Why does tomsguide.com want to access my Google Contacts when I try to sign in here using my Google account? That is shameful and despicable data theft!

Airarie

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
How about trying Jolicloud? It's not just a flat interface with widgets, but it feels more up to date when it comes to the services we use more and more online. They are working on some new stuff http://www.jolicloud.com/blog/2013/10/30/jolicloud-2-your-modern-alternative-to-igoogle/

technology

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
This article should definitely include HurryLess.com - you can customize everything and no log in required- so easy to use!

Nadia Hore

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I’ve been using portalpanel.com for few months and I found it more interesting and useful than all other iGoogle alternatives. Its simple home page allows you to bookmark your favourite websites and links in separate folders which makes it very neat and clean. Besides, you have control on some of your social networks, like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, as well as Yahoo weather. You can also get the latest news you are interested in delivered right to you, by its RSS reader. The latest update for Portalpanel brings Google Bookmarks import feature, so you can easily import your old bookmarks into PortalPanel.
It works safely (HTTPS) and perfectly in different browsers and I would suggest to make it your homepage and enjoy its simplicity.

PS I actually quite liked their slogan: “One Page to Rule Them All”. It seems to be very true.

Nadia Hore

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I’ve been using portalpanel.com for few months and I found it more interesting and useful than all other iGoogle alternatives. Its simple home page allows you to bookmark your favourite websites and links in separate folders which makes it very neat and clean. Besides, you have control on some of your social networks, like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, as well as Yahoo weather. You can also get the latest news you are interested in delivered right to you, by its RSS reader. The latest update for Portalpanel brings Google Bookmarks import feature, so you can easily import your old bookmarks into PortalPanel.
It works safely (HTTPS) and perfectly in different browsers and I would suggest to make it your homepage and enjoy its simplicity.

PS I actually quite liked their slogan: “One Page to Rule Them All”. It seems to be very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.