10 Percent of Chrome Extensions May Be Malicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
yet as an IT professional i spend all day long debugging all the viral extensions on IE and rarely any time with chrome.

i'm willing to bet the number of bad extensions for IE far outnumber them for chrome or firefox. frankly it's very RARE i find a virus hiding in chrome extensions (there are some out there, but i'll find those same extensions on IE so it's not platform specific)... with IE it's one of the first places i look.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
yet as an IT professional i spend all day long debugging all the viral extensions on IE and rarely any time with chrome.

Then as an 'I.T. Pro' you might want to have a look at your firewall and/or amend your I.T. policy to keep people away from the rubbish.

P.s. I'm also an I.T. Pro.

ingtar33

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Then as an 'I.T. Pro' you might want to have a look at your firewall and/or amend your I.T. policy to keep people away from the rubbish.

P.s. I'm also an I.T. Pro.

some clients are well protected some aren't. unless you're going to start to claim that little old grannies that call looking to get their computer working right should even know about this stuff i'm pretty sure i'll keep running into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.