$1000 Gaming Laptop

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17'

3. What screen resolution do you want?
ummm

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not much will be plugged in most of the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? WoW Max settings at hopefully 60+ FPS during raids/instances all other games are RPG as well

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
General use

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB I got Externals for movies and whatnot (debating if I want an SSD as well cause I love the SSD in my desktop makes load times so much better, guess it depends on the price)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 Years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dont need bluray

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
blah

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Not many 17 inch Leveno's. You can look at HP's DV7's.

Getting something with a 17 inch 1920x1080 screen is going to run you over $1000 USD, with a decent dGPU it'll be ~1200 or so. If you went to a 15.6 inch display you could get the $1,000 versions.

Emelth

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
For places to laptops online which has the best deals im not an Alienware fan at all cause i know of their "quality" of parts they choose.

But how is CyberPowerPC and Ibuypower? Are there builds good and is there any other sites that are reliable