1080p issues of laptops

Free_Ride

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
Hello there)

So, i'm a lit bit tired of asking this question throughout various communities) But.

Does anybody know certain conditions of laptop hardware that allow to play 1080p video smoothly and without problems? Looks like nobody knows. Very few recomendations I've encountered. Also Dell company haven't answered this question for like couple days or smth. So I'm little bit confused)

The problem arises when clients come to me with there home 1080p videos, that I can't view on my current laptop. Have to use PC which is not convinient for some reasons. And nobody even cares (clients) that 1080p resolution is mostly redundant for laptops in general, and for my notebook of course. I'm sure only that every new laptop from the store plays 720p, cause my old can.

To be more specific (in case), now I consider laptops on Celerons like 2957U or N28x0. Will it be enough? Do I need extra video card in it or don't? Maybe any helpful thoughts in general?

Cheers anyways)

Solution

Sure 2014 and 2013 is fine for those CPUs. They will easily be able to run 1080P 60fps.
If those videos are 1080P 60fps then you will certainly encounter issues. 1080P at a regular 30fps should be okish, but just make sure nothing cpu intensive is running in the background.

I built a desktop with a low budget desktop APU and it could barely run 1080P, so now my minimum recommendation would be at least a i3 or AMD A6. Or a quad core celeron/atom from mid 2014+.

Free_Ride

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015

Good point, thank you

And again thanks

So the thing is only about number of cores? 3 cores at least are necessary? Or 4? And graphic system is not worth attention, cause is appropriate "automatically"?

Mainly it's because they're newer. 2014+ budget CPUs can do a lot more than their 2012 and 2013 predecessors. That includes CPU horsepower, CPU cores, and IGPU performance.

Free_Ride

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015

Ok, I see. I thought you talk about i3,A6 in general. So i3 and A6 of previous generations, before 2014, I shouldn't consider?
Let's say nothing big will run in the background at the time of playing 1080p 60fps video, except OS needs. :)

Sure 2014 and 2013 is fine for those CPUs. They will easily be able to run 1080P 60fps.

Solution