$110 tablet budget? And a few questions about tablets.

SnakeGTX

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2013
I'm going to be needing a tablet for high school, as I need something to takes notes on (outside homeschool classes). Since I'm not good with writing on a piece of paper, I had the idea to get a cheap quality tablet with a keyboard.

Out of all the research I have done (<15h), I found a few, but I wondering if there are any better?

Toshiba Excite 7c
CPU Rockchip RK3168 1.2GHz Dual-Core
GPU PowerVR SGX-540
Features | Bluetooth v4.0 | 0.3MP Camera | 11.3h Battery Life |
$94.99 @ Amazon

Acer Iconia B1-720
CPU MediaTek MT8111 1.3GHz Dual-Core
GPU PowerVR SGX-531
Features | Bluetooth v4.0 | GPS | 0.3MP Camera | 5h Battery Life |
$95.99 @ Ebay

HP 7 Plus
CPU AllWinner A31 Cortex-A7 1.0GHz Quad-Core
GPU PowerVR SGX-544MP2
Features | No Bluetooth | No GPS | 2MP Camera | 5.5h Battery Life |
$99.99 @ BestBuy

Acer Iconia A1-810-L677
CPU MediaTek MT8125T 1.2GHz Quad-Core
GPU PowerVR SGX-544
Features | Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP | GPS | 5MP Camera | 10h Battery Life | HDMI Port |
$104.79 @ BestBuy

Toshiba Excite Go (Coming out next month)
CPU Intel Atom Z3735F 1.3GHz Quad-Core
GPU Intel HD Graphics (Ive Bridge or Bay trail??)
Features | Bluetooth v4.0 | GPS | 5MP Camera | 7.5h Battery Life |
$109.99

So far, the Toshiba Excite Go seems to be the most powerful out of all of them. I have a few questions about it though.

It says that it has "Intel HD Graphics (Ivy Bridge)". I researched about that, so for desktops the HD Ivy Bridge is the same as the HD 4000. And I'm wonding if these are same even if this is a tablet? Its weird, because even an HD 4000 can play BF3 on low, which makes it about as powerful as a PlayStation 3. This means that this tablet is already as powerful as a Tegra K1??
I guess my question here, is, is there a difference between the desktop HD graphics and tablet HD graphics?

If anyone knows of any other tablets that are good for under $110, please suggest it in the comments below. I might be willing to get a used tablet, but that's only if its really worth it.

P.S. Here is where I got the info for the Toshiba Excite Go. And CPU info here and here.

Solution
From looking at the specs, I'd say that it is not quite up to a desktop (311MHz graphics clock) in speed but would have similar function.
Thie Excite Go has an Atom processor, which has on-chip graphics, making it a laptop class processor, though it is running the x86 version of Android, rather than the usual ARM-based version. Since all Android Apps are Java, it makes no real difference, though you might see some variance in App performance. I would expect the Atom to be a bit more power hungry, but that my have been fixed in these latest chips. Theorhetically, you could load Windows or Linux on it, but that's another story...

tomc53

Estimable
Jun 6, 2014
From looking at the specs, I'd say that it is not quite up to a desktop (311MHz graphics clock) in speed but would have similar function.
Thie Excite Go has an Atom processor, which has on-chip graphics, making it a laptop class processor, though it is running the x86 version of Android, rather than the usual ARM-based version. Since all Android Apps are Java, it makes no real difference, though you might see some variance in App performance. I would expect the Atom to be a bit more power hungry, but that my have been fixed in these latest chips. Theorhetically, you could load Windows or Linux on it, but that's another story...

Solution