13-14" lightweight notebook with occasional gaming

Schafkurai

Estimable
May 16, 2015
1. What is your budget?
between 400 and 700 € the less the better

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
between 13 and 14 inch screen

3. What screen resolution do you want?
(not full) HD would be nice but not necessary

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, less than 2kg, preferably 1,5 kg

5. How much battery life do you need?
more than 4/5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

LOL - medium / high

I have a deviltech 9700 DTX with a Geforce GTX 280M, I don't think there are cheap subnotebooks that can outclass this by enough to make it worth the money?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
normal office tools, watching videos and internet

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

not so important, I guess I woudln't need SSD either

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

4 years up

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
NO optical drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
no preference although I would want one that lasts more than 3-4 years (deviltech is 5 years old, my asus broke after 1,5 years)

13. What country do you live in?
germany/austria

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I was looking a lot at 13-14 inch books with dedicated GPUs but the more I think about it the less I think I need it. For better games I still have my deviltech 9700 DTX. So battery life, sound emissions (working in the library), sturdiness/durability and maybe the possibility to exchange the battery after 2-3 years seem more important to me.

I would very much appreciate any help you can give me :).

Thank you

Mugglensu1984

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
Lenovo IdeaPad U410 35.6 cm (14 inches) Ultrabook (Intel Core i7 3517U 1.9GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 32GB SSD, NVIDIA 610M, Win 7 HP) gray
81nMq-9TmwL._SL1500_.jpg
91H-myyS-nL._SL1500_.jpg
813q1CpbFzL._SL1500_.jpg