$135,000 Blu-ray Player Over the Top

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I would like a new, 2009 Porsche Boxster S with a small little villa in upstate NY. IS THAT A GOLD, BRASS AND ALUMINUM BLURAY PLAYER!!?? FUCK THAT SHIT, GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE INSTEAD!!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I would like a new, 2009 Porsche Boxster S with a small little villa in upstate NY. IS THAT A GOLD, BRASS AND ALUMINUM BLURAY PLAYER!!?? FUCK THAT SHIT, GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE INSTEAD!!

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Andraxxus[/nom]I'd rather buy a house.[/citation]

I bet the seller may even throw in a PS3 to sweeten the deal!

seatrotter

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation]...and does not provide Internet access or BD-Live.[/citation]

So if there changes to the encryption keys, this player won't be able to update itself? What about new movies based on updated DRM?

Oh... I get it now... Those who bought this player would have no choice but to also seek the services of the manufacturer just to update its software. And I'm guessing the cost is not included in the purchase price. Clever little devils, aren't they?

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Pay me $135,000 and I'll give you a Blu-ray player* that has a dedicated table, a spring-stability system, internet access, BD-live, and all that jazz. I'll even throw in a custom paint job.

*Player itself will not be made by me, only bought. Table may simply be Walmart brand, not made by me. Springs will be bought from local hardware store. Payment will be for labor, nothing else.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Lets see... Walmart sells a NEW SONY BluRay player with BD-Live for $170.... I'm sure IT is a better BD player than this piece of crap.

But guess what guys... Give credit to where its deserved.

It means, in this world - there are at LEAST 50 VERY stupid rich people who spent $135K to watch Spiderman. They are too stupid to understand and too rich to care.

knutjb

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Anyone who can afford this and there are plenty, those who will buy it and there are some, it's a status symbol. I'm sure they have buyers lined up. It's price/performance is ridiculously beyond the point of diminishing returns. It goes to show money is relative. But some of the comments are contradictory. Buying a Porsche, to many, is insanely expensive and they believe everyone should be driving a Prius. It's all relative to your income and social background. Yes this is a silly money product, especially to those of us who won't even earn 132k over a year or two or three.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. What a joke!!! What kind of &$$hole would ask that much for a blue ray player. ?????????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

People are crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS