$15,000 Devon Tread 1 Watch Shows its Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
They should have incorporated a usb charging system that synced to Internet time automatically. Having to charge it if it dies and then setting the time EVERY SINGLE TIME would suck big hairy goat balls. Otherwise I think it looks pretty bad ass. 15k? No way.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Two weeks battery life? I've owned watches that have lasted YEARS to the point where i'd forget them and still work. 2 weeks between charges, geez, i might make a shelf for all the things i have to recharge nowadays.

At least make a 24hr version!

Not worth $15000.

But at least it's not gold.

ukgooey

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
I can tell you with some authority, that neither Rolex or Omega make a watch that has a complication this awesome. You can easily spend much more on either brand and end up with much less watch.

And why would you want it instead of one of these brands? Because every unoriginal 'watch enthusiast' buys an Omega or Rolex (or Breitling, Cartier etc.). Like the kind of 'car enthusiast' that buys a Porsche in fact. You see ten a week.

If I could (even remotely) afford it, I'd have this any day over those brands.

For anyone interested, here is the link:

http://www.devonworks.com/

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
The whole point of owning a watch like this is not to be the most fashionalble brand but rather to have something unique that people are going to notice.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Not bad a concept. If they could sell themselves to Seiko, Seiko could put a Kinetic Perpetual movement behind it solve the battery and accuracy problem.

jollyb

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
I find I don't use my watches anymore. With carrying a cell phone around there isn't much point.. I guess this is for people that have to wear 5k suits, $500 shoes, to go w/ their $200 haircuts.. Donate to charity u greedy bastages..

jollyb

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
I find I don't use my watches anymore. With carrying a cell phone around there isn't much point.. I guess this is for people that have to wear 5k suits, $500 shoes, to go w/ their $200 haircuts.. Donate to charity u greedy bastages..

jollyb

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I agree with ukgooey. It is a collector's timepiece. The more complications, the better.

However, I do wonder about using a battery. For the most part collector quality timepieces do not use batteries.

G

It looks as though there are 5 separate belts on this thing. That means micro processor monitoring of each, and 5 motors to drive them. I am guessing any kinetic/solar/battery option would not be adequate to run this thing for long. That would explain the 2 week run time. As for the price, they are f$%^#g crazy. If you have more money than sense, this is the watch for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.